Creating FTP account for seperate domain on paid hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermoine22

Reaction score
Hello
I am looking to give access to my directory for a seperate website I have on my infinity account hosting package. I bought a domain for a seperate website, in which is being created by a family member. I was wondering how I allow her access to upload the files to website? do I create a FTP account under that?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
when you add the domain as an addon domain (which sounds like the proper way to add it for your scenario), cPanel will automatically create an ftp account for the domain, pointed to that folder.

Typically it would look like: domainname@maindomian.com, so if you are adding the domain familymember.com and your main domain is mydomain.com it would be: familymember@mydomain.com for login username on that ftp account, together with the password you set during the process of adding the domain.

Hermoine22

Reaction score
But I cant have more than one main down up on my cpanel?

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

For some reason it wont let me connect to the server for that ftp

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
since you have a premium account, you might be better of to ask for support regarding connectivity on that ftp account through there. what are you using as host for that ftp account?

There can only be one main domain.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
host as in what are you putting into the host field in filezilla?

Hermoine22

Reaction score
bookworm-central.com and username sibiudeli and password I set for it...but it gives me cannot connect and critical error

Status
Not open for further replies.