Credit Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It has been brought to our attention that some members of the forum are using tactics to gain credits illegally. We have no tolerance for cheaters and will ban these members without warning along with terminating any hosting account linked to forum name or IP address.

It is very easy for us to review where your credits came from, it's even easier for us to see if you cheated to get them.

If you have cheated to attain any amount of credits please contact an admin ASAP so we can remove them, otherwise if we find you, you will be banned immediately.

I already have a list of 5 members that will be banned by Friday if they do not come forward themselves. If you think you are one of them please contact an admin via PM.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I sure hope I'm not on your list Corey, as I haven't done anything bad. If I am, it's probably a mistake but I tend to worry myself a lot...

And welcome back from your trip [/offtopic]

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You would most likely know if you were on the list. The people who we have caught have knowingly inflated their credits.

-Corey

jtaah

Reaction score
How would you cheat on credits?

obviously with out telling people how to do it? lol

rgds
jtaah

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
They create new accounts, take the 150 credits that come with a new account and donate it to their main account and repeat the process.

sunils

Reaction score
Just now suggested in the off topic forum (biggest viewed thread ) that the admin can create a new thread and post all the defaulters and the reasons why they are banned. Now the admin has created it. One more suggestion is that the admin(corey) can edit the first post putting all the banned members list and their reason for ban and so no one will try to do that in the feature. and Please close this so that ordinary users cannot post here and the thread doesnot goes to the second page for easy viewing for the members. Otherwise they have to go through many pages to find the details.

Collin1000

Reaction score
Cracking down on abuse to the system seems like a good idea to me, It will raise the value of the hosting credits and lower the inflation. :)

phoenix mystic

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this counts, but I did create another account for the purpose of having a second hosting plan, and yes I transfered credits over to the Phoenix Mystic account so that my credits would be consolidated into one account. However, I haven't created anymore accounts since then and was then unaware of any "cheating" that I may or may not have been doing. If this is indeed cheating, please remove the appropriate amount credit and also please accept my apologies.

ashwinsinha

Reaction score
Am i on your hitlist?
I havent done anything wrong!
Please post in the rules or something so that we can refer to and correct our mistakes!

kajasweb

Reaction score
@phoenix mystic

Having more than one hosting account is NOT allowed by x10Hosting Terms & Policies. Please request termination for one of your hosting account. Your another forum account "phoenix elite" is NOT linked with an hosting account. So, please tell me the account which you need to be terminated.

*Sorry for taking this thread off-topic.

phoenix mystic

Reaction score
Can you terminate the phoenix elite account? I've forgotten my password to it anyway. And thanks for letting me know about the '1 account per customer" rule. That could have gone badly if that wasn't taken care of soon. ;):biggrin::happysad:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Why not just make it so that new accounts do not start off with 150 credits?

F

Fahad

Because that is too unfair on the people who are going to sign up, having done nothing wrong!

David_Tiger

Reaction score
its a start to new members,
but if you create multiple accounts and collect all those 150 credits....
take them away because of that then new members lose out on some starting credits.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, ok. Otherwise, a global forum ban list would work nice. I've seen around on a few sites where there is a global ban list and why they have been banned, along with how long they have been/will be banned for. It's actually a nice idea if that's what someone here was really talking about...

Beside, at that one site I came across, it was funny seeing the ban list there and was always the best thing to look at as the reasons for the bans were hilarious!

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Accounts now have to be confirmed before receiving credits.

150 credits it not a lot. When you make 100 fake accounts and donate them, it is.

-Corey

satbir

Reaction score
By any chance whether Rep Club (though closed now) is considered as cheating.

David_Tiger

Reaction score
Yea, good idea corey, still can't believe people would even try that its so easy to just look at the IP of the person who signed up for the account, even easier to look at all the 150 credit transactions from new accounts to one account.

rep club is basically cheating i guess, posting and gaining rep for no reason i would say its classed as cheating

cheers, Tiger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.