Credits for review | the new sb

Scott B

Reaction score
Hello everyone!:biggrin:
I recently completed part of an entire reconstruction of my site, and I need some reviews.
http://sbonline.co.cc
It is now a website that links and tells about most of my other websites, and also updates you with the latest news on current and future projects.
It looks terrible in internet explorer at the moment, so I hope you are using firefox (which is waaaaay better anyway).
I will give 1 credit for each word in the review (maximum 100 credits) and a rep (25 credits I think) if it is helpful.
Thanks! :)
P.S. If you've visited this site before, you may need to refresh the page to show changes

Last edited:
D

dWhite

Looks good. I really enjoy the dark background with the over heading flare on the top.

Maybe for the link buttons you can center them on your content box.

Also, the sliding content boxes are sexy.

For your contact page, you might want to limit it to 1 message per IP address. I tested the script with false info and was able to send 5 messages in only a few seconds.

hartawan

Reaction score
look nice with the animation render between menu...kewl.. yet the link for about and contact seems to link to your old website...
for your copyright symbol, i think its better to put "& copy ;" (without spaces and quote) instead...

delon

Banned
Reaction score
You made a really great website, nice background, logo, even the sliding content is sexy and even the sbonline is great.

Sohail

Reaction score
Wow it looks amazing! Much better than the old site :p How did you make those cool sliding boxes?

10/10 - I think that's the first 10/10 i have even given to anyone!! :O

Scott B

Reaction score
wow, thanks everyone!
I paid you all.

The sliding boxes took a bit of CSS and javascript coding, and I used jQuery also: http://jquery.com/
Feel free to use the source as reference, just no copying and pasting! :)

And for the IP limiting, I'm not sure if thats the best idea since someone might want to send more than one message, but maybe I could code it to where the user must have an "@" symbol in the email box, for example. Unfortunately I know very little PHP.
If anyone thinks they can help I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
Wow, very nice. I'm not sure if this is suggested ir but your site would be excellent if you put the about me and contact links with your template, other than that it looks perfect!

9.9/10

Scott B

Reaction score
ok, thanks :)
I already had that old template created for the about and other pages, but I will probably integrate it soon

sunils

Reaction score
That was nice design. You have completely done a redesign of you site. I liked the way it appeared in the home page. And the forum to have a new theme. Congrats

bigtree

Reaction score
It is a nice skin... and it doesn't look all that bad in IE. The Navbar looks really nice. Your page is nice and simple. The sbOnline thing it links to is nice too - I love the skin.

Last edited:

Jordan C

Reaction score
WOW. That first page is amazing. I thnk the rest of your site needs to keep with the same style and logo all the way through, appart from that, I love the effects when you change tab. Great site.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I think its is basically the same, but with a different color. :\ The new color does look a lot better though.

Mekryd

Reaction score
Nice looking. You might want to have a version of the site that works without scripting though (I have small turn-off when it comes to sites I need to turn NoScript off in order to view.)

There really isn't much here to talk about, so I won't try to drag it on too long.... Though I'll point out that if you resize the browser window to the smallest it can fit before the horizontal scroll bar shows up, there's a left margin that isn't there on the right (the page gets off-center, in other words).

It's nice, though. :3

parallax

Reaction score
The Site looks beautiful & neat!, great work.....

I especially like the index page with a dark background, and a flared glow on top

Try to have a tab for each site, just think about it

:cool:

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
ok, thanks everyone, i repped you both :)
ok, thanks, i repped you both

Umm...I thought you were giving credits...this is against that rule about reputation. You are giving other people credits you had not yet earned. You can get suspended or banned for this. You should start giving credits instead of reps.

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
ok sorry....i forgot to give you credits
i paid you
parallax i paid and repped you

dirtracer36

Reaction score
Hi Scott.

I don't mean to be the downer here, but I don't see what all the hubbub is about. I am viewing in Opera. I don't see anything exciting that everyone is talking about. I see a web page with a block in the center with links to your sites. Sorry, I am not looking for credits, you don't need to pay me any. I am just giving you my 2 cents worth for free. (rep is okay, even though rep doesn't give credits)

The background and the sb at the top of the box is real nice. Maybe if the box had rounded corners and maybe a color that helped it blend with the background(not so bright). If this is what people are going to see first, before the rest of your sites, you know what they say about first impressions. And sorry if everyone thinks i'm being a putz or something for not seeing what they are. Like I said, just my 2

Last edited: