Credits for suggestions on my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I've just finished building my new site, http://www.limejellydesign.co.uk/.

Please could you look at it?

For ever suggestion I like, 50 points, and for ever suggestion I don't, 20 (unless you just suggest loads of random stuff)

For ever error you find, 50 points.

You can try and hack in if you want, but please don't break anything or put lots of pressure on the server.

You can also use the contact form if you want, please say you're from x10 if you don't actually want to contact me.

Thanks, good luck!

~Callum

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
I would change your logo, from the black to a different color (perhaps that green you used in your favicon). Your featured site line on the updates page (which is black) is hard to read against the dark gray. Maybe turn your logo into a link, it would help some with navigation. Some sort of javascript or ajax form validation for your contact form would be nice as well. Better screenshots for your work should also be used, the ones you have look pretty pixelated. Finally, your header seems pretty empty with just the gray gradient. Maybe consider put a tag-line or something there.

Last edited:

booksgo

Reaction score
The links to Saint Peter's Church, Wellesbourne aren't much use as the site is password protected. Rather a bad advert.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Contact page:
let them know what the CAPTCHA is for.
Contact Name --> Your Name or just Name

Logo:
Has been mentioned that it is too dark. Also takes up too much real estate.
Is that supposed to be a jello mold? Shouldn't it be lime green?

Links to featured site:
Think about opening them in another tab/window. Once people click on them now, they might not return.

Color:
Is that really lime green?

Go to Administration Panel .... do you really want this on the support page?

Menu bar on updates page seems to use smaller font than the others

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I would change your logo, from the black to a different color (perhaps that green you used in your favicon).

On it now :)

Your featured site line on the updates page (which is black) is hard to read against the dark gray.

I'll do that tomorrow.

Better screenshots for your work should also be used, the ones you have look pretty pixelated.

I meant to do that today, actually.

Finally, your header seems pretty empty with just the gray gradient. Maybe consider put a tag-line or something there.

To be honest, I can't think of one

The links to Saint Peter's Church, Wellesbourne aren't much use as the site is password protected. Rather a bad advert.

Yes, it got hacked into. I'll sort that out, I'm waiting for PhpBB to reply.
I'll put a temporary index page up.

Contact page:
let them know what the CAPTCHA is for.
Contact Name --> Your Name or just Name

I'll do that tomorrow, that's actually a very good point.

Links to featured site:
Think about opening them in another tab/window. Once people click on them now, they might not return.

Good point.

Go to Administration Panel .... do you really want this on the support page?

No, I hadn't noticed that.

Menu bar on updates page seems to use smaller font than the others

I'd noticed that, I can't work out how to change it though.

Thanks for all your help, donating now.

~Callum

Trusten

Reaction score
Wow! that's a really professional lloking website! However, a few points that are important:
-As mentioned before, your logo should be green instead.
-Your background is quite plain in my opinion. Maybe a slanted light-green and white background should look great.
-your "blocked spam" button should be green instead, therefore it will match ur website's name and theme.
-For your latest update area, maybe you should use a marquee instead.
the HTML code for marquees is <marquee>YOUR TEXT HERE</marquee>
for your information, a marquee is side scrolling text. This way, much more information could be stored and looks neater.
-Otherwise, your website is one professional looking website and good luck!

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow! that's a really professional lloking website! However, a few points that are important:
-As mentioned before, your logo should be green instead.

Gottit :)
I had someone do that for me, but he's not replying. I'll do a new one myself :)

-Your background is quite plain in my opinion. Maybe a slanted light-green and white background should look great.

I'll consider it. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

-your "blocked spam" button should be green instead, therefore it will match ur website's name and theme.

That's technically an advertisement, I'll see if I can change it though

-For your latest update area, maybe you should use a marquee instead.
the HTML code for marquees is <marquee>YOUR TEXT HERE</marquee>
for your information, a marquee is side scrolling text. This way, much more information could be stored and looks neater.

That's not XHTML strict, and I can't see an XHTML strict way of doing it.

-Otherwise, your website is one professional looking website and good luck!

booksgo

Reaction score
Quote:Originally Posted by Trusten

I'll consider it. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

No.

The viewer needs to focus on the content, not be distracted by a great-looking background....IMO :)

Trusten

Reaction score
thanks for the credits ;D
feel free to ask me for opinions at any point of time.

dhruv227

Reaction score
I would really really like to change your logo, it's a pain to my eyes ( mind u i am a myopic person
). Under the logo then under the updates, there's a lot of empty space you have left, that's a bad impression i say. However i liked your menu system, its so sooothing to the eyes.

One thing your mentioned " Your company is now on Twitter " under the latest update, you should also add a link to your twitter profile, since their are now links to the your twitter profile

Good Luck with your website.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Make a small screenshot of the site for the "latest sites:" section

liketobemad

Reaction score
I have checked ur website in oper and firefox..
from first look I feel...
1) The Header has to be remade...
2) Your navigation bar on top Home, support , contact etc.. the height of the bar is more than required .. It will look better if it just fits the navigation bar.. If u have intention to place ads there.. then it is a different issue.. But if it is only for navigation it will be better to make it small.. like for example the navigation bar of this forums...
3) Your Latest Update: on the header will be better if it is a clickable link rather than
4) And your home page has very less info.. it pays for being simple in words.. but better to write something more and to better paste some in-text links.....

nworks

Reaction score
I would change a bit the logo, it seems a bit child and of course the colour. Then, under the home where it says Last Sites, i would put a twitter logo with a link to your profile or even a widget of twiter putting the last tweets.
On the space of "featured titles", I think you can put a little thumb of the site mentioned.

In the contact page I think you can put a bit bigger the message imput.

That's all.

computerkids

Reaction score
I do like it. The only error I see and it may be intentional is paragraph structure ie no indentation and some sentences seem to start a new paragraph without indentation also their are a lot of commas where a new sentence might seem to be more appropriate.
The only other thing I see is the jello mold should be replaced with a better defined logo photo.
Overall I give it a 8 out of ten though I am really being critical of some minor defects.

Status
Not open for further replies.