Resolved Critical error on wordpress website

Status
Not open for further replies.

delabol2

Reaction score
Hi @Anna
I have tried logging in to my website www.delaboleunitedafc.x10host.com and all i get is 'there has been a critical error on your website log in to admin email to find instructions'

Thing is i cant log into my website via the wp-admin part.

Cheers

Lee

delabol2

Reaction score
I realise this is probably a wordpress.org issue but wanted to post in here aswell incase there was an issue with my hosting side.

Cheers

Lee

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not currently see any error on your site. Is there any specific URL where I can replicate the problem?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I can see you installed using softaculous and that there is an update available that can also be performed through softaculous. I'd start there and see if that changes anything.

At a glance I don't see anything that could cause it. Does the email have any useful information as the instruction is to look in the admin email inbox?

delabol2

Reaction score
Hi @Anna
I'll have a look at softaculos to see if that cures it. I can't view the email as I can't log in to my admin side of the website it just keeps coming up with the error message

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The inbox would be reached by going to the email account in question and logging into that and is NOT something you view in wordpress, you'd view it just as you'd do any email received on the email account you have set as admin account.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Ps how do I perform the update for softaculos
Go to softaculous, you'll see an notice that you have an install that has an available update, click that and follow the instructions.

delabol2

Reaction score
Hi @Anna

Thank you, i have found it now and using my laptop and not my phone have updated via softaculuos and all seems to be working now and logged in perfectly. Why would that cause the issue do you know. You are a real life saver on the support group forums here, thank you so so much again Anna :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that the lack of upgrade was the initial reason for the issue, but with the upgrade any faulty files or other related things would have been sorted out as well.

I'm glad it did help get your site working again.

delabol2

Reaction score
Yes it probably re-wrote all the files as you say and corrected the faulty ones, but go knows what it was, at least its working now after your help again, your a credit to this forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.