Cron Jobs not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicelx10

Reaction score
Since yesterday im not receiving anymore email statuses from the cron jobs, and the php script is not running automatically either.

fit4school49

Reaction score
Same problem here, found out that all my cron jobs were deleted :-/
Checked my cron log:
HTML:
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Unknown: Failed opening required '/home/override.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />
Advanced PHP Debugger (APD) requires Zend Engine API version 220100525.
The Zend Engine API version 220121212 which is installed, is newer.
Contact George Schlossnagle at http://pear.php.net/ for a later version of Advanced PHP Debugger (APD).

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Unknown: Failed opening required '/home/override.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
@fit4school49

Your cron jobs were deleted because they violated our Terms of Service (too fast).

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
...all my cron jobs were deleted
My cron jobs were deleted too

Cron jobs may not request external content - and you can have only one (1) Cron job execution per five (5) minutes with a basic free-hosting account

If you try to run a Cron job outside those limits - the system will delete all Cron jobs in your account

The 'only one Cron running at a time' is a restriction on 'Free Hosting' and 'Prime' accounts - Free Hosting is restricted to one cron running per 5 minutes, Prime accounts are restricted to one Cron running per one (1) minute Illuminated and Premium accounts have no restrictions on Cron jobs.

sicelx10

Reaction score
@bdistler @leafypiggy I just made a cron job that is executing an internal php file every 10 minutes, and even doesnt work :/. Look at the title of this post, the problem is this, cron jobs is not working and is not sending email notifications.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
You're referencing the wrong PHP binary.. you should be using /usr/local/bin/php, not /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Last night my two crons stopped.
I deleted everything and re-installed one (every 5 minutes).
Nothing. No error messages.
Someone want to check the cron daemon on Vox ?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, now at least getting error output:

Code:

dcc420x1

Reaction score
I'm having problems with cron today as well, they don't appear to run and I get no email notifications

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Bryon tightened down the security, which involved reinstating the fsockopen override... I'll take a look.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
This issue with "/home/override.php" is resolved.

If you have a cronjob (or multiple) that are not executing you need to ensure that your account was within compliance of our Terms of Service with respect to the crontab rule:

We allow cron jobs, but they may not request external content, and only 1 cron job execution per 5 minutes.

An account that is not in compliance with this rule would have its crontab automatically disabled. To return the cronjobs they would need to be manually re-added on the account.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Verifying that my cron jobs on Vox are now working.

Also that the mail system is still not working. PHP mail() says sent, never arrives at hotmail or gmail .

sicelx10

Reaction score
Now cronjobs is working.Thanks, all of you are the best ;). And yeah, the php mail system still not working, but i hope this issue get fixed as soon as posible.

dcc420x1

Reaction score
This issue with "/home/override.php" is resolved.

If you have a cronjob (or multiple) that are not executing you need to ensure that your account was within compliance of our Terms of Service with respect to the crontab rule:

An account that is not in compliance with this rule would have its crontab automatically disabled. To return the cronjobs they would need to be manually re-added on the account.
Ok, I see what I did wrong now - my cron jobs are now in compliance and appear to be working, but like other users I am still having problems with PHP mail

fit4school49

Reaction score
Cron jobs may not request external content - and you can have only one (1) Cron job execution per five (5) minutes with a basic free-hosting account

If you try to run a Cron job outside those limits - the system will delete all Cron jobs in your account

The 'only one Cron running at a time' is a restriction on 'Free Hosting' and 'Prime' accounts - Free Hosting is restricted to one cron running per 5 minutes, Prime accounts are restricted to one Cron running per one (1) minute Illuminated and Premium accounts have no restrictions on Cron jobs.

I definitely followed the 5min rule. Concerning the content requests: How can I properly call a php script of my own site? What I used before was:
Code:
/usr/bin/php -f /home/name/www/script.php '&get1=1&get2=2' >>/home/name/www/log/cronlog.txt 2>&1

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
What I use (currently working fine on Vox):

Code:
/usr/local/bin/php -q  /home/igor/public_html/lab/test.php >>/home/igor/public_html/lab/test_log.txt 2>&1

sicelx10

Reaction score
I used this command and it works well for me:

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php /home/user/public_html/script.php

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I used this command and it works well for me:

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php /home/user/public_html/script.php

You can't. The script that you're referencing quite literally doesn't exist. /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php isn't a PHP binary, and isn't the one you should be using, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.