Crons

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin500

Reaction score
Hi guys there is a problem in my Cpanel that the crons are not working can you reply in this post the reason of that.
P.S This is the best ever hosting site.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hi guys there is a problem in my Cpanel that the crons are not working can you reply in this post the reason of that.
P.S This is the best ever hosting site.

What error message do you receive when you try to use your crons?

admin500

Reaction score
I don't even get a mail I think my command is wrong. Can someone please give me a working command. My website is god-father.exofire.net I am a great coder and I will share my text-based RPG files with you if you help me with my cron problem.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I don't even get a mail I think my command is wrong. Can someone please give me a working command. My website is god-father.exofire.net I am a great coder and I will share my text-based RPG files with you if you help me with my cron problem.

This section of the forum is for general hosting account questions. If you need help writing or using crons, you will probably get a better response if you ask for help in the Programming Help section.

http://forums.x10hosting.com/programming-help/

admin500

Reaction score
In my game the crons work but you have to do them manually can anyone tell me how to add auto-crons.

admin500

Reaction score
That's where I add my commands but they are not auto can anyone give me auto command.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, what is the command you are using to execute your crons currently?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I think the problem is you cannot run remote files. When you use the http://domain.example you are telling cron to run a remote file. Try using /home/admin500/public_html/cron_fivemins.php?code=***

admin500

Reaction score
thanks i will tell u if it works
Edit:
still i get this mail
/bin/sh: //home/admin500/public_html/cron_fivemins.php?code=***: No such file or directory

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Remove the first slash, it should only be one / before home. let us know how that goes.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Using a script as the command name only works if the script begins with a shebang line pointing to the command line php interpreter (e.g. /usr/local/bin/php) and the script has executable permissions (mode 750). However, scripts don't process QUERY_STRING when run from the command line, so you won't be able to use $_GET or $_POST, or any other magic globals, such as $_SERVER, so the shebang line and permissions are a dead end.

You've got two options: use wget (or curl) to fetch the URL or pass the arguments on the command line and read them from $argv in the script. If you need to be able to access the script as a page via the web, use the former method. Otherwise, use the latter, which is less resource intensive.

For more information, read: "Cron Jobs", "Crons don't work", and "Cron Question".

Status
Not open for further replies.