CSS isn't loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

be3le3x1

Reaction score
Hello new here I'm just getting into web design as a hobby to learn some new skillsets. I've never hosted a site before let alone launched one and I'm having some issues.

Locally these files run as they should but on the server I there are some problems.
First I should mention when I visit my url http://be3le3.x10.mx/ instead of loading index.html it takes me to index of / the parent directory.

To the subject at hand my style sheet (style.css) isn't being read by Index.html I'm not sure why the <link in the header is correct maybe I'm missing some step.

Please help shed some light on these issues. Thank you! :wink:

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem in both cases is that this looks to have been developed on Windows, but was deployed to a Linux server which is what we use. Windows isn't CaSe SeNsItIvE, while Linux is - change the capital letter at the start of both Index.html and Style.css to a lowercase one, and it should load.

Edit: I should note that I mean in the file manager itself, change the filenames - the Style.css is referenced properly in the html file itself.

Edit 2: Good lord that's a lot of replies in 1 minute :cool:

Last edited:

hbazer

Reaction score
You need to re-name "Index.html" to "index.html" - note the lower case "i"

what folder is folder [ style ] in ?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your index.html is actually named "Index.html" (with a capital "I"). Unlike Windows, Linux (most operating systems, actually) is case-sensitive, so the two names are not equivalent. As well, the file in your "style" directory is named "Style.css" (with a capital "S"). Same deal -- case-sensitivity strikes again.

be3le3x1

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick replies.

@Livewire I should of known it would be an easy fix but then again I am new.

Status
Not open for further replies.