CSS not updating on page

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstx10h5

Reaction score
I was recently working my my website layout and I went to add the HTML5 element nav. The html side updated but when I went to edit the background color in an external css file it appears to have not updated. First, I made sure the link to the stylesheet was correct, which it is, then I messed around and tried editing other parts of the css and nothing was updated. I even made sure to check if I saved the file correctly and it saved and is stilled linked to the html. Is there a reason for this or is it just a bug?

website is test.x10host.com
screenshot of the element that I changed: http://prntscr.com/54o1uf

EDIT: It works, just takes about a 5 min period before it updates

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
x10hosting recently implemented a different web-server-software setup on their free-hosting servers - which is a combination of the Apache web server and the Varnish cache server
the cache server maybe why there is a delay before you can 'see' the file (update) - after you upload it

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

On our free hosting service, we employ a cache server to help speed up our customers' site loading speeds, by temporarily caching static data, such as HTML or CSS files. Although this is very useful for accelerating your website's speed, it can be useful to disable the caching for situations like this. You can do this by appending this line to your .htaccess file:

Code:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.