Current Server Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Do you know how long (approximately) take for that manual reboot from the data center?

tseedmund

Reaction score
@bowlinman:
I can access your website at imecards.x10hosting.com, and cPanel works too.

I still can't access TheJeffSta's site though.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Well, mine was created today, but normally i dont think it should take like 4 hours to settle and appear on the internet. Yes, i can visit bowlinman's website as well. I might be on a different server than bowlinman's website, so yeah, oh well ill wait till tomorrow and see.

tseedmund

Reaction score
Well, the server seems to have crashed again. This time, even x10hosting.com was inaccessible. I think it must be a database problem, because some posts on this thread seems to have disappeared!

I can't access my site or bowlinman's anymore.

JediSkipdogg

Reaction score
Mine is still out and here's my error message....

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://jedichat.x10hosting.com/cgi-bin/chat.pl

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for unknown server name
This means that:
The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
Check if the address is correct.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
JediSkipdogg and my sites aren't up.

I have never logged into my account yet due to this "down time". My hosting account was created yesterday. How come the server is up, then it is down, then it is up ....? You should probably check the bandwidth usage of some sites - on astahost.com (crap hosting site) they have had some IP addresses using up peoples bandwidth.

Maybe you should just stop sign ups totally for a while. That way you can focus on fixing the problems without more accounts being created and adding more work load for the server.

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Perhaps the problem is someone or a group of people performing DDOS attacks on a website being hosted on x10?

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Thats what happened at astahost.com and it caused the server to overload. Admins, just check for any sites that seem to use a lot of bandwidth in a little time, and look into it.

elven

Reaction score
my site has been going up and down alot these last few days
now my forum is just down cause of time outs

would be really nice if this were to be fixed somehow >>

Lindsey

Reaction score
well, my site just went down, connection refused.... I just love how it always does this crap right in the middle of something i'm doing.... was working on the css to a template, applied part to see how it would look and went to apply another part and the connection's refused... i can't close the page down, i can't really do much of anything at all until it's fixed

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Lindsey, what is your site URL?

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.