Currently Travelling, my account has been blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

devdomai

Reaction score
Hey there,

So I recently received the inactivity warning that will discontinue my free hosting should I not log into my portal. Since my initial login country is Canada and I am currently in Europe, the login service detected this and froze my account, I would like to unblock it so I can access my portal and prevent my free hosting from ending.
I cant find any way to get in touch with staff other than this forum, and I can't see any "You may use the help messenger at the bottom-right of your screen."
If my information is unclear or anyone has any suggestions please don't hesitate to comment.

taha116

Reaction score
Its probably officially against policy to share accounts as it normally is but if you have someone you trust at home to log in for you, whos to say anyone would notice?

longbich

Reaction score
I have successfully logged in while I was away from Australia. It was in Canada that it was easiest. I had a few problems logging in while in the USA and I had no way to log in at all when I was in Zimbabwe.

syszoomx

Reaction score
Similar problem here, however I was travelling within EU, but between countries.
I could't login from abroad. Now tried from my home location, after returning back and my unsuspension stuck (1+ day now).

Message says: "We're removing the suspension now. Please standby and reload the page in 1 minute."

So how I can make logging available from abroad?
Or shall I change server provider?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
So how I can make logging available from abroad?
at this time - you can not do that with a x10hosting's free-hosting account

the issue is x10hosting now has a firewall (a restriction which is not in the TOS) around the IP's country code your account was registered with - your current IP's country code must be the same - when you sign-in to your account

syszoomx

Reaction score
Thx bdistler for a fast response.

If I understand correnctly, premium hosting option would resolve that issue?
I think, somebody has mentioned that somwhere on the forum.
That at least would make sense, as an advantage of premium account.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, things are different for Premium. The only geo restrictions there are those countries that are legally embargoed by the US government. The cost of the hosting, little though it is, eliminates a huge percentage of abusive accounts compared to Free Hosting, leaving users shooting themselves in the foot as the biggest single problem.

longbich

Reaction score
Okay another test. This time a month in Sri Lanka. It appears that there is wifi available almost everywhere so I should be ok. August in the northern hemisphere can't be too bad.
Mosquitoes could be a problem.
1st World problem? Malaria is a problem for anyone in the tropics.

longbich

Reaction score
Okay I had to be reminded while I was in Sri Lanka. I didn't need reminding about mosquitoes. There were hardly any. No buzzing. No bites. No scratching. The wifi was a bit sketchy. Sometimes very good and sometimes slow, dropping out, awful. But i survived once again. And so do my hosting page. Thanks x10.

longbich

Reaction score
I will be going to South America. I am wondering which countries I will be able to login from? I will be in Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile and Uruguay from the near the end of October until early December..

jensen

Reaction score
You sure travel around the world a lot longbich, what do you do?

longbich

Reaction score
You sure travel around the world a lot longbich, what do you do?
I travel around the world jensen. I surf, fish, play with websites, write postcards, send emails, Facebook a few friends and relatives, cook, wash and drive.

longbich

Reaction score
Wondering if there is a list of countries that x10 will allow posting from South America. I will be in Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile and Uruguay so which countries will be okay for me to try and login from or will I be wasting my time and x10's?

longbich

Reaction score
Now I know. I am currently in Chile, in Beautiful Valparaiso. I just received a reminder to login to my free account. This is a great site!

jensen

Reaction score
longbich you're so fortunate. you don't need a free account :)
hey maybe you can tell us where you where when you could not log in. Then the mods can confirm those are places where they are barred.
But I think if you have an account you can sign in from anywhere in the world. You only cannot sign up for new accounts from those countries. (maybe the mods will correct me, oh maybe distler will :)
you have a great life and facebook just loves the photos from around the world.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
But I think if you have an account you can sign in from anywhere in the world.
x10hosting now has a firewall (a restriction which is not in the TOS) around the IP's country code your free-hosting account was registered with - your current IP's country code must be the same - when you sign-in to your account

NOTE: Admins might reset (change) your free-hosting account's 'country code' restriction

jensen

Reaction score
Interesting development bdistler.
The fact is that longbich is travelling around the world and is still able to login and post :)
(of course s/he could be just pulling my leg, there's no way for me to find out where one login from except the mods know)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Logging into the forums was never the issue, logging into the account portal is what is restricted to the country you initially signed up from.

The restriction was put there to prevent "friends" in allowed countries from signing up for those in countries we do not provide service to, and thus bypassing the blocks for various countries.

longbich

Reaction score
Interesting development bdistler.
The fact is that longbich is travelling around the world and is still able to login and post :)
(of course s/he could be just pulling my leg, there's no way for me to find out where one login from except the mods know)

Well I am back jensen. I was not pulling your leg. I am a bloke/guy/male by the way.
I was only in South America not around the world and I only got the one warning about not logging in so I did log in at the earliest I could get online. I am guessing that I was told about being inactive when I was in Peru so I don't know if I could have logged in from any of the other countries I was in. The other problem is that my email from my Australian server often does not work when I am away from OZ in another country. I have to use gmail as an alternate address which seems to be the generic email for when you are out of"range" of your home server.

Status
Not open for further replies.