Database Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

macintoshhelper

Reaction score
Hello, I have accidentally wiped some parts of my database for a forum that I recently installed onto my site by installing a second forum into the same database. Because of this, I have lost all posts, permissions, etc from the older forum, as the conflict resulted in deleting all old posts. Would it be possible to receive a backup file from anytime between 15th of March, 2015 (15.3.15) and the 1st of March, 2015 (1.3.15). I do not want the database to be restored to a backup, but just to have the file, so I can manually restore several tables. If this is possible, I'd be really grateful! Thanks!

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
For free hosting we do not retain individual backups, only server backups in case of emergency.

Unfortunately there's no way (to my knowledge) to extract an individual database backup from that server backup (they aren't stored as .sql files in the server backup, it is a file level backup).

macintoshhelper

Reaction score
For free hosting we do not retain individual backups, only server backups in case of emergency.

Unfortunately there's no way (to my knowledge) to extract an individual database backup from that server backup (they aren't stored as .sql files in the server backup, it is a file level backup).
Could I be sent the whole file level backup and I could try to extract the parts I need myself? I can backup my current database and restore the full backup over that if needed. Thanks!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That would not really be possible unfortunately. The file level backup would include all accounts, as mentioned they are made in case of emergency (like a server crash), where you would want to put an identical replica up on new hardware.

macintoshhelper

Reaction score
That would not really be possible unfortunately. The file level backup would include all accounts, as mentioned they are made in case of emergency (like a server crash), where you would want to put an identical replica up on new hardware.
Oh, ok. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.