Resolved Database connection error in website / phpMyadmin not accesible

estories

Reaction score
Since two days I am unable to connect to my database via phpMyadmin (database connection lost). Additionally, since today my website isn't available too (database connection error).

I am aware that we experienced today a major breakdown with the most of the Google services. But for me that seems to be not more than a pure coincidence.

So, the question is, how I can get back the access to my database?
Each hint will be welcome.

Thanks
Wolfram

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It seems strange that no one else is reporting this issue on x10. The google issue is not related; x10 hosts everything in house.

What is your server and port you are using?

estories

Reaction score
Thx for your reply.

As far as I can see I am on x12. The Databaseserver is DA PMA Signon/ localhost with the usual port 3306.
The website is http://estories.x10.mx

My guess is, there must be any issues with the rights, since though I can see in phpMyAdmin the structure of the database on the left side, I only can execute some basic operations. But I am not able to delete certain tables, as well as to show the database - the error notice always reads: connection to the server lost. Furthermore I can't create a second database, which should be possible due to my plan.

So, may be there is something broken within the database. I would like to get rid of it and make a completely fresh install with a clean backup., but I am not able to delete it. If somebody from within x10hosting could do it for me, I really would appreciate it.

The problem came out of the blue without any action by my side except a matomo update. Meanwhile I removed the matomo installation (FTP/database tables) due to too much disk usage. However I wasn't able to drop the last matomo table.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You can not delete the entire database using PMA, that, as well as creating a new database, is always be done in the DirectAdmin interface, which from what I can tell will allow you to create a new database I got no error when clicking "create new database" under your account at least.

It is also through the DiretcAdmin interface you set what rights the database user should have, and it is that database users permissions that is in play through the website, in this case that should not be the cause though as the user have all rights to the database.

Is it possible that you by mistake deleted one table too much causing the wordpress install to be corrupted, a missing core table would probably generate the same issue as not being able to connect? I checked the usual issues to no avail (there was a possible cause in access hosts where the ip of x12 was missing, but adding it changed nothing).

estories

Reaction score
No, I didn't fiddle around with anything in DirectAdmin or else. And I was very careful with deleting any tables.

However, due to your intervention, it was possible for me to create a new database and to populate it with a clean backup. So, my website is up and running again. - Thx very much.

Now I have a working database and a wrecked one, which I can't delete (neither in phpMyAdmin nor in DirectAdmin). Since I don't like the idea of blocking valuable server space with 128 MB of scrap, please could you or any of your colleagues delete this one (wp394) for me?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I see that estories_wp394 exists. I'm working on having it removed, but I need to make sure that will happen properly.

Admins, if you see this, feel free to take over.

estories

Reaction score
Answering to myself:

Thx for your hints. I made it to truncate the database. But still it exists as a database (O B). Is there any option to remove it completely?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Your database was locked by a process that did not terminate correctly. I was going to ask if you wanted a backup, but since you've truncated it, I guess you must be happy with what you got. estories_wp394 has been dropped.