Database Help?

FangerZero

Reaction score
I just got my services today, and am having issues connecting to the database, here's the error I get. Also I have checked multiple times with the credentials and everything.

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'heartla1_admin'@'198.91.87.236' (using password: YES) in /home/heartla1/public_html/open.php on line 3
Unable to connect to database [Access denied for user 'heartla1_admin'@'198.91.87.236' (using password: YES)]

Code:
<?php
//connect.php
$db = new mysqli('198.91.87.236', 'heartla1_admin', 'p@$$w0rd', 'heartla1_falcons');

if($db->connect_errno > 0){
    die('Unable to connect to database [' . $db->connect_error . ']');
}
?>

Also if I'm using the forum wrong, would be nice to understand them, I find it confusing, and don't get where to find help if this is incorrect.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this on your VPS? We'll need a bit more information besides that... How is mysql configured? Do those users exist? Are they added to the database? Do they have permissions on the database?

FangerZero

Reaction score
After looking around the forums I think this is the wrong section @.@ I'm confused there's the free hosting which I have the premium, do I go to the free hosting for help? Is there a way to move this? Anyways, I have attached the user to the database.

help_01.png

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Try:

$db = new mysqli('localhost', 'heartla1_admin', 'p@$$w0rd', 'heartla1_falcons');

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
For premium hosting support you turn to the ticket system in the clients area.
The reason there is a VPS section here is mostly because they come unmanaged, meaning official support is limited to making sure you can access and that the VPS is actually online. Other issues you need to try to figure out yourself, which this section is meant for, user to user help on configuring the VPS for instance.