Database Query PHP site template

wyedamnit

Reaction score
I'll be trolling the forums for an answer but I have to post to keep my account active.

If anyone knows where i can find a PHP website template with database search function, please post links here.

Thanks!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I dun have any advise for the template stuff, but I can point out that you don't actually have to post to keep the account active. Just logging in is required; maybe browse a bit. We don't require posting though, thank GOD. Can you imagine the spam? :S

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Pick a template.. any template...

and insert the following code where you want the search box to appear.
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">

//Enter domain of site to search.
var domainroot="www.mustite.com"

function Gsitesearch(curobj){
curobj.q.value="site:"+domainroot+" "+curobj.qfront.value
}

</script>

<form action="http://www.google.com/search" method="get" 
onSubmit="Gsitesearch(this)">

<p>Search Site:<br />
<input name="q" type="hidden" />
<input name="qfront" type="text" style="width: 200px" /> <input type="submit" value="Search" /></p>

</form>

wyedamnit

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, especially Cybrax offering code. What I'm trying to do is provide search results for a MySQL database that I will create. I hope someone can offer code to do this.

Thanks!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you tried searching Google for "PHP MySQL full text search" (without the quotes)? The top answer is this little gem from the good folks at Zend. Keep in mind that full-text indexing is "expensive" in terms of both space and time -- it's something that you should do before there's a lot of content to worry about, particularly if you're running in an environment with tight user constraints on resources.