December 21, 2012...

catz154

Reaction score
All of the facts you presented are seriously some pretty scary stuff. I'm hoping for a fact that the world isn't going to come for an end, as I'm probably going to have some nightmeres about this considering it's 2AM in the morning and I haven't gotten sleep yet.

LOL!

Well as far as I am concerned Man doe snot know when the world will end, But I believe it will end just not when. who knows it may be in near future, or in the far future, Just live life day by day.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
yea they will actually;

half of the world have nukes; the other half wants nukes; one launch might start a nuke war;

Not painless; if you are in the outer area; you will die slowly of raditation

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
As a Christian my answer is simply I don't know.
If God decides to end the world it'll end. If He decides not to it wont.

Chances are that all of those predictions are false. Think of all the predictions we've had about the end of the world. And how many of them have occurred?
You have a good point, but most of those other dooms-day predictions were religious. Now, it is based on multiple scenarios of facts and evidence. The facts do seem logical.

Domenico

Reaction score
You guys know, if the world dosen't end on the 21st this topic is going to be really funny on the 22nd.

The earth WILL end eventualy. There's no question about that. Why? Because the sun will eventualy burn out. Stars last millions of years but they burn out sooner or latter. Luckaly by that time (aka super far in the future) the human race will probably have super advanced space travil, and will no longer need the earth.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You guys know, if the world dosen't end on the 21st this topic is going to be really funny on the 22nd.

HAHAAHAH! And think if someone is stupid enough to bet on it. "all my earnings and belongings on it would end". wtf?!?!? useless...

kirtik

Reaction score
Meh. Because the Mayan calendar ends in 2012, doesn't mean it's correct. That's like me saying 'the world will end in forty seconds, brace yourselves' - I'd like to see how they calculated that.

Sun storms? The sun has been around for aaages, and still has aaages to live, so a few 'storms' won't 'end' the Earth. Maybe knock out a few satellites, etc, but they're replaceable and the magnetic field defends against the radiation anyway. Also, which calculations suggest this?

The large hadron collider. If it does form a black hole, Earth will be gone instantly, so nobody will be around and thusly, nobody will care. Besides, all the LHC is doing is replicating events which happen regularly in space all the time - it is just doing it in an observable place. Also, experiments will have happened many times by 2012.

Yellowstone - quite possible. Though where 2012 came from is a mystery. It is already overdue, and nobody can predict volcano eruptions. They can only project from previous events.

'We are overdue for a major catastrophic event'. Events like these are random, not controlled, and the chance of one is not affected by a previous one. A supervolcano erupting doesn't affect the chance of a massive meteorite hitting earth?

Magnetic field reversal:
One effect that may occur during a magnetic reversal is that the Earth may not be protected from charged particles streaming from the sun. These particles are called the solar wind, and could be dangerous to life if they reached the Earth's surface. However, the interaction between the magnetic field and these particles deflects them around the Earth. The area around a planet (including Earth) within which the motion of charged particles is affected by the magnetic field is called the magnetosphere. Sometimes the magnetosphere becomes overloaded with particles. When this happens, some particles escape through the magnetosphere and interact with atoms in the upper atmosphere, making them emit light. This is what creates the northern lights (aurora borealis) and the southern lights (aurora australis). If the Earth's magnetic field is weakened during a reversal, more of these particles will get through to the upper atmosphere. This could be a problem, but most likely the atmosphere is thick enough to protect the Earth's surface.
from http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=523

My main question is: why 2012? Why is this year significant?

Last edited:

mifuyu

Reaction score
Let's just pray to God, and hope that this won't happen.

Sohail

Reaction score
I know a lot about this story, I don't believe it though...

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
lol -_- i think that the death of the Earth is gonna happen; but not on this date

jenya

Reaction score
wasnt there a prediction of the worlds end in the year 2000?

jenya

Reaction score
oh well, ill just pit it on my calendar, so i dont forget