Delete website and start again

Status
Not open for further replies.

delabol2

Reaction score
Hi @Anna
How can I delete my website or database and start again from fresh still using www.delaboleunitedafc.x10host.com, I can't wait for my Web pages to be put back online by yourselves and would like to build my website again as I'm not sure if my Web pages will ever come back again, it's been to long now

delabol2

Reaction score
@Anna or anyone
Can i reset my website and start it again which folders do i need to delete im using wordpress

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you deleted all files, have you uploaded a new version of wordpress, if not there would be no such file indeed.
Having no index file of any kind will give an error when going to the domain as it is a security risk to display what files there may be if there are any other present.
You would need to create both a database and a user for it, this information is needed when you install wordpress manually.
If you install through softaculous the database and its user would automatically get created along with all relevent files uploaded to the hosting, by defualt in domain.com/wp

delabol2

Reaction score
Hi @Anna

how do i upload a new wordpress install? I ve tried it in softaculous but it says i need the premium version of softaculous and im not paying for that

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That should be something we pay for, I'll let them know the license is missing on your server.

Start with going to wordpress.org and get the latest package there, once downloaded from there upload to your site, you can upload the entire archive and extract on the server, this usually creates a subfolder with all the relevant files in it, you may want to copy those files to the public_html root for your domain if you want the blog to be the main part. You can also extract locally on your computer and upload all files separately through ftp, this way you can ensure they end up where you want them.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
either by use of ftp or by use of the upload button present in the filemanager, make sure you are in the folder where you want it to end up before starting the upload.

delabol2

Reaction score
@Anna do i upload it to the public html folder in the root or into the domain-delaboleunitedafc.x10host.com-public html?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Domains -> <yourdomain> -> public_html
The public_html folder you see in the root is just a link to the above one though.

Though I just spoke to one of the higher admins, and the license for softaculous should now be sorted if you want to try that option again.

delabol2

Reaction score
@Anna
Thank you i have been able to install wordpress via softaculuos now and able to log in, but when i just do a quick check to see if my construction page is up and running on www.delaboleunitedafc.x10host.com i still get a 403 forbidden you dont have access to this resoource?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Softaculous does by default put the installation in http://www.delaboleunitedafc.x10host.com/wp/

You can copy all files to the public_html root, but BEFORE you do that, login to worpress panel change the information in site url and wordpress url to reflect this change. You find this under settings-general

delabol2

Reaction score
@Anna The wordpress panel setting do match the ones that you have put on here and still getting the 403 error , do i copy the files from the domain-delaboleunitedafc.x10host.com-public html to the root public html, sorry getting really confused here.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
They would not clash, the script have no idea you have more then one database, but mark it by ticking the square next to the name should give you the option to delete it

delabol2

Reaction score
@Anna hi, yep understand all that, im at the point of giving up now, im getting the 404 error again

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You did miss the step of copying all files from the public_html/wp/ to public_html/ folder.

That was an important step as to getting the site to be on the domain root, I have copied over all the files for you. Once you have confirmed that it does work properly to login to your wordpress installation you can delete the /wp folder.

Note that you should now login at: www.delaboleunitedafc.x10host.com/wp-login.php

Status
Not open for further replies.