Votes: 9 27.3%
  • No, he did not.

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

Armacci Design

Reaction score
Honestly, every candidate tries to buy their elections. The old saying goes, "money is power," and this is especially true in politics. While there are safeguards in place that supposedly make it irrelevant, their realistic application is less stellar than on paper. I definitely think Obama's money had a lot to do with it, especially in advertising. I don't just mean his commercials, either - I mean the liberal media.

NaHoW

Reaction score
I think Obama is the right one to be the president. Offcourse he needs money for promoting.

whitebus

Reaction score
wasn't his own money

sorry for the brevity of this post (just one line), i guess i felt more was implied than said.

obama ran a broad based grassroots campaign that generated a lot of interest and got him lots of donations. that isn't buying an election. ross perot on the other hand... (but then, he failed)

from this canadian's perspective: this campaign started out about getting rid of a bad president, then turned into an historic war of demographics that got derailed by an economic meltdown. mccain's declaration that he was shutting down his campaign to go to washington to put together the bailout package was the turning point. it wasn't his plan, and he delayed the plan that emerged causing even more economic panic. the media's ongoing lampooning of palin didn't help and was not handled well at all. biden was invisible, but his experience behind obama helped to calm nervousness about obama's lack of experience.

in summary, obama didn't buy the election, mccain failed to reverse the political tide against the party of an unpopular president.