Did you see it turning clockwise or anticlockwise?

fireput

Reaction score
Read this story at Herald Sun, its a Right Brain vs Left Brain test … do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise? If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it. Check out this article.

0,,5693171,00.gif

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I can see it rotating clockwise, so does that mean I use the right side of the brain. Right?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hmm weird. I see it spinning clockwise. and after exactly 1 min it change direction. And a min after that it change direction again.

BlueIce

Reaction score
hmm weird. I see it spinning clockwise. and after exactly 1 min it change direction. And a min after that it change direction again.

I totally agree! :biggrin: Does this mean that we use our brains alternatively every minute? :biggrin:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe it is so that the brainhalf can only work in 1 min then it need to be "maintained" and then it change the work to the other half. Like some webservers.

MetalDragon42

Reaction score
Mainly clockwise for me but if you want to see something freeky open the page again in 2nd window and resize it so you can put 2nd img next to first img! I got it at one point both img's would not spin round but alt from left to right opposite to each other so as one move left to right other move right to left...if you know what I mean lol

Sundowner

Reaction score
Clockwise and nothing else no matter how hard I concentrate! My wife sees it alternate between clockwise and anti clockwise

Thewinator

Reaction score
I opened the animation in Image Ready and I can asure you that the animation doesn't change direction.
It realy is your brain.
I managed to get her turn either way.

flinx

Reaction score
I manage to make it change direction concentrating on the foot and 'forcing' it to go the way I want it to go.
"Move the foot, the rest will follow" :lol:

gwuapo2007

Reaction score
i am very much sure that it is rotaing clockwise. Because it is moving very slow on my computer

Last edited:

a-a-a

Reaction score
Looks clockwise to me. Right the description of right brain doesn't fit me.
But I can somewhat see how people might see it counterclockwise. But I can't really make it look like that, so it's clockwise to me.

QuwenQ

Reaction score
Heh, cool, I'm one of the only two people to see her go anti-clockwise. xD Awesome, I'm a freak. =P

Although, I more see a certain... er... anatomy of her then I really care to see her dancing. =)

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Clockwise for me. AND a leftie :p

But if I focus on her foot to try to perceive the picture 'rotating' the other way, it always seems as though the foot sticking out is behind the other leg. Ie, half turn one way, half turn the other!

Autofix

Reaction score
I went clockwise for me. Then I looked away for a second and it went anti-clockwise. Now it just randomly swaps!

legendphil

Reaction score
hao!

what if I say I can make it spin both ways at the same time, would I be a Genius??:nuts:

I can see it more of the counter-clockwise, but when I close my eyes for a bit and then look at the spinning woman again I see it rotate clockwise for a bit. but I'm not exactly the left-brainer described in the article.

Okay, now I see it spinning clockwise well.... nope, counter clockwise. I can make it turn the other way now.

PEACE!