Resolved DirectAdmin Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think there's any user accessible backups made right now. Only server wide backups in case of a breakdown, these are not really easy to extract a userbackup from.

Also keep in mind that backups are the sole responsibility of the user as per our ToS:
ToS said:
System Backups
Backups are the sole responsibility of the customer.
x10Hosting retains and offers backups to the customer but does not guarantee this service from failure. It is recommended all customers keep their own backups. Backups will not be provided to account holders who have been suspended for breaching the Terms outlined on this page.

I'll have a word with the head admins though, but as far as I know it would not be backups that are easy to extract a user from.

baybisc5

Reaction score
OK thanks ... Any help would be appreciated. Will there ever be a backup like cpanel?

Think Ive broke the .htaccess and admin/config and root/config files for opencart

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Last I heard there was plans to incorporate some backup service to allow users to retrieve their own backups.

With everything going on around us though some things has been pushed forward due to constraints of available man hours.

baybisc5

Reaction score
ok thanks looks like its a full clean install of opencart then...lol
long night ahead..
thanks for your time.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Check your error logs. 5## are usually PHP issues, but can be something else.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You really don't want your config file to be writable by world, 644 is the most commonly used setting for files.

I can't see anything right away, there is however information in the error log that would indicate something is either corrupt in code or that something is missing. I'm not familiar with the script though, so can't be too sure.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Hi
Ive got the backend of opencart running but the front end still http error 500.
ill change the 777 to 644 asap. thanks

I think the only way ill sort this is if your admin are feeling generous....

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi
Ive got the backend of opencart running but the front end still http error 500.
ill change the 777 to 644 asap. thanks

I think the only way ill sort this is if your admin are feeling generous....

I'm not sure what you mean. Anna is an admin.

Check what PHP version you are using in DirectAdmin. Maybe your PHP version in DA is too old or too new, or it's missing something like mysqli. See if opencart has an option to turn PHP errors on. It's probably going to be a PHP configuration or Opencart configuration issue.

baybisc5

Reaction score
hi
changed the PHP version and that seems ok.
had to do a complete fresh install of opencart and now cannot install extensions in opencart.
The only thing that has changed is x10hosting moving to directadmin.
Can you either fully reset my account to signup state or use a backed up version from about 4 days ago?
Thanks

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said, there's no account level backups, meaning we can not do that (a server backup is available but that can only be used for the whole server in case of a server breakdown).

The best I can do is remove your current backup and grab the copy from the old server as it was when your account was moved, which means it is from December/January some time (those servers are now offline and all accounts was packaged up for safe keeping in case some broken accounts did pop up still right before being taken offline).

What kind of error do you get when attempting to install an extension?

baybisc5

Reaction score
when installing through opencart 3 i get the error "Warning: Missing a temporary folder!"

baybisc5

Reaction score
Thanks, but ive already read that and tried different versions...no luck.
Can you please use the old backup. A old working site is better than a none working new site.. Ive got most of the info anyway.
and I feel like im starting to become a pest trying to sort this and I dont think the wife can take another day locked up with a mad man with a broken website..lol
thanks

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, will do that. Should be done in about 15 minutes if all goes as it should.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Thanks and stay safe and hope you can move on and help more people.
Your doing a great job

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The restore is now completed.

I did remember a couple of smaller mods I had to do to your account previously so I did them as well.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Hi seems to have worked. Ive got a mix of old, new and older but as i said somethnig working is better than not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.