Disabling view soruce

Wizet

Reaction score
Is there a script that disables other people from viewing my source? Also don't you dare say it's impossible because I've seen it done before but don't know how.

Wizet

Reaction score
Bummer. I guess it's time to take some programming and coding lessons.

Nathan H

Reaction score
TheMan177, actually it would, it would take a fair amount of effort to make the source usable again, and most people just can't be bothered with that.

TheMan177

Reaction score
TheMan177, actually it would, it would take a fair amount of effort to make the source usable again, and most people just can't be bothered with that.
Fair enough, you're correct in that it is enough to protect from most general users that are just passing by. But if someone wanted to obtain said code it would in no way be difficult.

Nathan H

Reaction score
and it's actually imposible, i know you didnt wat to hear it but thats the truth. You can make it difficult to read by human eyes, but the client NEEDS to be able to view source to view the webpage, short of releasing a web-wide virus that disables the view source button it just can't be done.

swirly

Reaction score
You can disble the right click option, but people can still go to the menu on top of the browser and do view> page source.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Swirly, even that can be stopped, just disbaling javascript would block those as well.

indisoft

Reaction score
what ever we do..we can still view in
mozilla fixefox>view page source..
of control+u

kirtik

Reaction score
Even if you do manage to stop people right clicking or control+u ing, you can't stop them from saving the webpage and opening it up in Dreamweaver or Frontpage, for example.