Disk allowance upgrade

viktak

Reaction score
Dear Admin,

I am trying to migrate my Wordpress site over here, but the 500MB space doesn't seem to be enough. Can I please get a disk space upgrade?

Thank you!

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
YOu have to be with us for a week or more to request more disk space

viktak

Reaction score
Thank you, that's awesome. I have been with x10 since last October or so.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, that's awesome. I have been with x10 since last October or so.
Michaelw1 failed to mention the other requirements for diskspace upgrade: A working site (or at least one that has been started on, which ToS also requires that you have within 7 days of signup), and using at least 75 % of the previously allotted space.
You do not meet all of these requirements

viktak

Reaction score
Dear Anna,
I just noticed your reply. Thank you very much for the clarification.

Now I have uploaded a working blog there. Is there anything else I need to do to get the disk quota increase? (I'm now at 85%)

Thank you!

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
provided your using 75% of your allotted space, with files that follow the terms and conditions,
clear any unused files like archives, backups etc. staff will need to review your request.
and get back to you.

for faster assistance try the discord service.

viktak

Reaction score
I believe I have done all that. I am now using about 85% of my space and I am not aware of any extra files there.

Thank you for your your help!

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think you can get more seeing that your at 85%

viktak

Reaction score
I don't understand. What do you mean "more"? More of what? I only have files there that I actually use.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, I see. thanks!!!
Seeing as more then half the used space is used by softaculous backups the upgrade will be denied at this time.
Backups are of best use downloaded to your computer as in case of something going wrong with the account that would likely also put the backups at jeopardy. I normally allow for one backup being stored for easy restoration, you have four, the largest of them being at 250+mb and thus being what takes half your available diskspace.