Resolved Disk Space suddenly soar high from 1.2GB to 2.15GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagaurot

Reaction score
Hi,

My Disk Space suddenly soars high from 1.2GB last week then today I suddenly realize it was 2.15GB and I can't edit my .htaccess file which causes a 404 error on pages. Attached images for more info. Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Atonibai

Attachments

• htaccess 0b.png
    htaccess 0b.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 7
  • diskspace.png
    diskspace.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 404.png
    404.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 5

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Where is the disk usage? The WP content folder is big, but there's another 1GB beyond that. Is it something that is a log or cache that can be cleared?

tagaurot

Reaction score
I check I only have a total Disk space of 1.11 GB. A couple of days it was 1.1 GB or 1.2GB but suddenly became 2.15GB. I'm not sure if it is a log or cache that can be cleared.

The only thing that causes my site pages 404 is I can't edit my .htaccess file. The only problem I have is .htaccess is still 0Bytes nothing is saved and when I upload and overwrite the file is overwritten with 0bytes

Last edited:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
1 thing i noticed with x10hosting is if you delete 1 file or a dozen files,
you get a pop up that says "are you sure you want to delete",
but it also shows a checkbox to "send to trash" which is the default setting.

what this means is everything you have deleted in the past,
is actually sitting in your trash folder unless you deleted those files to.

i dont know if x10hosting clears that automatically over time or not.
but i stumbled on that a few times before,
now i try to make sure i uncheck that "send to trash" option if i delete files.

note: this probably wont solve your problem,
but its just a helpful tip to clear old files you delete.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your account is currently over quota, which is why you can not save/edit/upload (and is what caused the .htaccess to become 0 byte when you tried).

To add to what @spacresx said above, you do have nearly 900mb in the .trash folder (which would be where they end up when you delete with the "send to trash" option enabled), removing those files will put you back under quota and would enable you to edit or reupload the .htaccess file.

I think the option to delete to trash is a fairly recent add to DirectAdmin, as in it was added some time in the past few months, at least that is what it looks like when I dig around on DirectAdmins help forums. Which would likely be why it hasn't been an issue earlier. The default setting for it appears to be clearing files that are 30+ days old, but you can always remove manually, don't think there's an "empty trash" button though, you'd need to open the folder and delete the contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.