DNS Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye2fly

Reaction score
I just had to change my domain registrar's settings to domain-level due to the fact that the DNS was redirecting a blank page, is this a known issue?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to when you reference "settings to domain-level" and "redirecting a blank page", but I can tell you that your .tk is not showing up as registered in your account, which may have been the cause of this issue. See http://x10hosting.com/wiki/Domain for information on how to add your domain with x10Hosting.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I do not see an external domain attached to your account.

Could you be more specific in your question?

eye2fly

Reaction score
What I mean is that there are in fact DNS Zone settings for the .tk on my control panel, and everything was functioning perfectly until Sunday afternoon, problem was given 24 hours to clear and failed to do so. For those 24 hours, the only thing reachable was a blank page...

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
That sounds like an issue with your registrar that x10hosting has no control over. Due to your .tk domain not showing up as added to your hosting account at all and not knowing what your .tk domain is because of that, we'll need that info in order to troubleshoot your problem if it's possible.

eye2fly

Reaction score
riftknowspot.tk... is in fact added as a parked domain.. I apologize that I assumed technical support had that information available, rather than publicly blast an only-partially functional domain... functional only in a domain-level forwarding format due to the fact that when the servers came back up after your CPANEL change, nothing but blank pages began appearing...

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

note: FTP similarly inaccessible after the change

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your hosting account last synced up with the account panel around the 14th this month. If you added your parked domain after that, then another sync has to happen before a lot of us volunteers can see that info accurately, with what they allow us to see, that is.

I visited your .tk domain now, and it's loading just fine. It's still confusing about what you mean by "domain-level" forwarding. Were the primary and secondary nameservers ever set to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com before? I ask this because they are currently not set to x10hosting right now.

eye2fly

Reaction score
"domain level forwarding" is an IT term for only a 301 redirect in which the name remains constant in the URL bar... basically having to fake the funk because despite having the DNS zone set ON YOUR END properly, and the registrar set to the name servers (not anymore, because it's not working... hasn't at the cost of money that would've been spent to upgrade services)... YOUR NAMESERVER is not redirecting it properly, nor has FTP functionality worked... both issues occured after your recent changes to stoli server...

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Try setting the nameservers back to x10hosting, now. If it's still not working, then remove your parked domain and then re-park it again. If you are still having the same issues, then could you list here the exact error messages that you are getting?

eye2fly

Reaction score
Will you guys be around during non-peak hours then? Because just as it would be painful to you to all of a sudden not have anything work due to no fault or action on your end... same with myself and those that try (and fail 55.97% of the time) to reach my site.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It depends on what you mean by non-peak hours. You'll have to tell us when that is and the specific errors that you are receiving. Let us know immediately when you are having that issue in that very moment. Give us all of the details, such as, if you are able to login to cPanel, ftp, and account panel when it's happening. If you're able to access the site or not and what errors are showing up. All of this will help us troubleshoot the issue.

Last edited:

eye2fly

Reaction score
okay... on the first one... i guess I'll mess over my consumers yet again so you can see the error-free black page people were getting to the 24 hours previous to my inquiring as to the DNS issue, which is on your end according to the registrar

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

registrar settings should be effective within 30 mins, I'll post again when they are

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

settings now active, you may now view the absolutely blank page your nameservers are giving my customers

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello!

I've looked at your page source. This is a .tk issue!

<html>
<head>
<title>riftknowspot.tk</title>
<meta name="description" content="riftknowspot.tk">
<meta name="keywords" content="riftknowspot.tk">
</head>
<frameset rows="*" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="NO">
<frame src="null" name="dot_tk_frame_content" scrolling="auto" noresize>
</frameset>
<noframes>
<body>
</body>
</noframes>

</html>

Thanks!

eye2fly

Reaction score
well... let me see here... when I set their DNS this morning to a mirror site... issue did not reproduce... when they were forwarded to your nameservers... issue returns... combined with their customer support saying the issue is not on their end... I tend to believe them...

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

sorry posted before i saw yours livewire... but it does add more info to the situation at hand

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Listen carefully -

the page that is sent from .tk has a ".tk" favicon.

x10Hosting doesn't do this!

I have never visited your site before so it has not been cached my end.

eye2fly

Reaction score
here I actually was almost convinced I was going to pay for more services... I have been very clear, technically precise... with the issue as fully investigated as it can be from my end...

Simply put... redirection worked fine... then CPANEL updates to stop server meltdowns... now, what we have now is what we have now...

I have no idea on how to be any more clear, concise, to the point...

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

The issue is at your end. Staff have checked our nameservers, and record(s) do exist in the correct format for your domain. I suggest you chase this up further with .tk.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello!

I'd like to echo your sentiment - everyone here has been nothing but helpful and clear.

If you would like to join us for a live discussion, click the link below titled [IRC]. Otherwise, I'm not sure how else we can help you. .tk doesn't appear to be configured correctly. As you can see from my previous response to your query, .tk is sending out a webpage itself, and to reiterate, x10Hosting does not use the .tk logo as a favicon.

Thanks!

eye2fly

Reaction score
Thank you anyway. Approximately 30 minutes after re-directing the nameservers to my new hosting provider, the website appeared as it should... as it used to on your server prior to the changes you made recently to CPANEL.

As you saw already, I have requested deletion of my account. Perhaps, in the future, those who do their own due diligence to investigate a technical issue and report quality issues will not be treated in the fashion I have for more than several issues. Rather than spend (literally) more time investigating and attempting to correct technical issues than paying attention to my content, my projects in motion and sleeping combined. Final ticket reporting from MY support staff showed final total uptime with your provider at 42.18%. That, atop the way I have been treated every step of the way on all but 2 technical reports I have made, have finalized my decision that the last thing I would prefer to do with the precious currency I have in the middle of this economic crisis... is to pay for your services.

Not all persons who sign up for free hosting accounts are technically insufficient. I hope we can all take something positive away from this... and regardless of what has come before... have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.