DNS issues (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc se7en

Reaction score
I am still having the issue described in this thread (http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/141224-cname-redirect-help-please.html), however, now it has gotten worse. Whatever Brandon did has now hosed up my addon domain entirely.

Here's what I need to happen, but can't get it to work.

mcse7en.com should basically do a 301 redirect to mikebeas.com
f.mcse7en.com should do the same thing for files.mikebeas.com

That's all I need. For example, mcse7en.com/features should redirect to mikebeas.com/features, and f.mcse7en.com/geohot.gif should redirect to files.mcse7en.com/geohot.gif, etc.

Thanks for your help,
Mike

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your account only allows for 2 subdomains, one is taken by the addon domain; mcse7en.com (old.mcse7en.x10hosting.com), the other by files.mikebeas.com

This means that you do not currently have a f.mcse7en.com subdomain to redirect in cPanel; the server have no way of knowing how to treat requests on that domain (in other words it does not know in what directory to look for content).

Also, for the mcse7en.com domain whois shows: Status redemptionPeriod (something that a domain would enter when it is not paid for in time). Pinging the domain does not work, although the configuration on our name servers are correct, so it appears as you might need to contact the registrar about that domain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.