DNS lookup of my website fails on some computers/browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpt.nighthawk74

Reaction score
Hi,
First of all thank you for your web hosting services, they're really great.
I have a website on http://winski.x10.mx/. I was updating it the last night, and finished on 2am. It worked fine then. However, when I wanted to check it today around 9am on my Android phone (LG G2) it behave as if the website didn't exist (DNS lookup failed) the problem occurred on all my mobile browsers (Opera, Chrome, built-in Android browser). I also checked it on my laptop, and it works only on Opera (doesn't work on Chrome, Mozilla and IE - DNS lookup failed). Same goes for FileZilla - it returns EAI_AGAIN - Temporary failure in name resolution. If it is important I was on two different networks today - my mobile network and my home wifi.
I also asked my friends to check it, and for some DNS lookup fails, others can normally view the website - there is absolutely no visible rule for me :(
I also notice this on my mobile Google Chrome (and only there): when I want to open my website directly (through link, address, etc.) it fails. However, when I go to my website, see the "Unable to connect" screen, then go to another website and then press back, my website miraculously loads.
Any way to cure it? I am kind of desperate now - I don't know what happens.

cpt.nighthawk74

Reaction score
Thank you for your help,
I did what you said, however the problem persists. What concerns me the most is why it works on one computer in my home, and only on Opera. I've cleared DNS cache of my web browsers too (in their own settings), but there are no results. Also, some computers that never visited my website have the same problem. Any ideas?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
The lookup may be cached by your ISP.

Did you restart your browser after clearing the cache?

Also, please run a ping to your website and tell me what IP address it gives you.

cpt.nighthawk74

Reaction score
I tried restarting my web browser and entire computer, no luck so far. Ping of my website says:
C:\Users\.....>ping winski.x10.mx
Ping request could not find host winski.x10.mx. Please check the name and try again.

I tried to run it on my mobile internet, and it doesn't work there either (but it can be cached there too, as I was visiting my website recently).
As I mentioned earlier, the website miraculously works on Opera, only on my computer, and I can check IP from there. It says:
Network information
IP address 198.91.81.3
Reverse DNS (PTR record) xo3.x10hosting.com
DNS server (NS record) rns1.x10systems.com (198.91.80.103)
rns2.x10systems.com (198.20.70.90)
ASN number 32475
ASN name (ISP) SingleHop
IP-range/subnet 198.91.81.0/24
198.91.81.0 - 198.91.81.255
Network tools

Status
Not open for further replies.