DNS Propagation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabil_koi

Reaction score
I updated my nameserver 1 week ago but still my website is not working. Please help me.

iSean

Reaction score
I have bought many domain it names before and only had to wait around 24 hours, but I bought one recently and updated my nameservers and it has been over 4 days so far and it's not propogating, their seems to be a large number of people with domain names facing this problem, I don't think it has anything to do with x10hosting though.

What is your domain name so I can check how much it has propogated?

You can see here the status of my domain which is taking quite a while

https://www.whatsmydns.net/?_token=5FPkP0KQNlgWe55usAbTY3WpPp9bCse6TO3b28nz#NS/seandavies.pw

But I did notice that yesterday Auckland, New Zealand at the bottom was checked as having my name servers but fr some reaon it seems to have "un-propagated" if that's possible as it's not checked anymore.

iSean

Reaction score
Unfortunatly I can't tell you how long it will take because it varies. The propogation time depends on how often servers / isp's refresh their dns caches to update DNS records across the web.

Sakimabear

Reaction score
I also have tried to propagate a domain here to X10 and the DNS just did not flow. The most validity that I had gotten was 3 eastern countries. Nothing even close to the US. Unlike others I have read, I don't blame X10 for the issues, either I need to move my domain provider or just give up. I have never had this much of an issue. I have been waiting for a world wide propagation now for 14 days and at last check have none. So, not sure whether it is a full internet issue or what. And for this worth, I'm using CPanel 3.0, Vox server and can not make an add-on domain.
Just my 2¢ worth

critter74854

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Two days ago I tried to add an new domain in CPanel and was given an error to ensure the DNS records are correctly pointing to x10.
I then go back to double, and triple check with the DNS register (Crazy Domains). The entries are correct (ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com) but still nothing after 2 days.
I'm also on the Vox server.
Could VOX firewall be blocking requests from DNS servers? (although I'm sure it doesn't work that way around)

iSean

Reaction score
I am in the same boat with you @Sakimabear and @critter74845 as I have a domain with crazydomains and have been waiting 5 days now for it to propagate now only getting it to propogate in 2 to 3 eastern countries, I am also with the Vox server, I don't know if it is a DNS propblem with x10hosting, if that's possible or just some other unrelated reason as to why many people buying domain names recently or updating nameservers are having propogation issues.

critter74854

Reaction score
Well that's interesting. The similarities are Vox Server and now the DNS register being Crazy Domains. Things that make you go Hmmmm
Have to see if Crazy Domain Support know anything. .. brb

critter74854

Reaction score
Back with a strange result...
From Crazy Domain Who Is Lookup (link: http://www.crazydomains.com.au/help/whois/)

Registrar: CRAZY DOMAINS FZ-LLC
Whois Server: whois.syra.com.au
Referral URL: http://www.crazydomains.com
Name Server: NS1.X10HOSTING.COM
Name Server: NS2.X10HOSTING.COM

What's "clientTransferProhibited" ?
The domain name is LOCKED meaning that the Domain Name cannot be transferred to another Registrar without first being unlocked.,
The LOCKED isn't for Adjusting the DNS records

I've Unlocked it and see what happens in the next day...

Sakimabear

Reaction score
By unlocking it, you take a chance off someone stealing your domain. It has happened, so be careful. I wouldn't do it

critter74854

Reaction score
By unlocking it, you take a chance off someone stealing your domain. It has happened, so be careful. I wouldn't do it
Yeah, I know... I'm a bit hesitant about doing it. But there's over 6 months registration remaining on it.

My guess is, it won't change a thing. .. or I loose the million dollar domain name lol ;)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
my domain is nabil.cz.cc but this domain works fine with another hosting
What error, if any, do you get when adding the domain to your account as addon or parked domain? Are you using x10 basic theme or cPanel x3? If the former could you please try to switch to cpanel x3 and see if that changes anything?
Hi Guys,

Two days ago I tried to add an new domain in CPanel and was given an error to ensure the DNS records are correctly pointing to x10.
I then go back to double, and triple check with the DNS register (Crazy Domains). The entries are correct (ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com) but still nothing after 2 days.
I'm also on the Vox server.
Could VOX firewall be blocking requests from DNS servers? (although I'm sure it doesn't work that way around)
What is the domain you are trying to add? Could you paste the full error message you are presented with please?

critter74854

Reaction score
What error, if any, do you get when adding the domain to your account as addon or parked domain? Are you using x10 basic theme or cPanel x3? If the former could you please try to switch to cpanel x3 and see if that changes anything?

What is the domain you are trying to add? Could you paste the full error message you are presented with please?

Sure, see screen shots below.
upload_2013-11-11_9-44-42.png

and
upload_2013-11-11_9-51-16.png

Thanks for looking into it.

nabil_koi

Reaction score
I am using x3 theme. It says:
"Sorry, cannot determine nameserver IPs. Please make sure that the domain is registered with a valid domain registrar."

dude1717

Reaction score
dot.tk domains are having the same issue, but it seems that someone has now managed to redirect my domain to theirs in this time. :( Edit: Seems to work now. DNS propagation took at least 72 hours for me.

Last edited:

critter74854

Reaction score
I'm still in the dark :( Hasn't been 72 Hours, and Crazy Domain state up to 24 hrs.
Anyways, still waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.