DNS server not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

gapotheflo

Reaction score
I've a free hosting account with primary domain gautham.x10hosting.com.
I purchased a new domain name - gauthamponnu.com.
I've modified the nameserver's to
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com
I've also added a parked domain to my cpanel as gauthamponnu.com.

However, my domain is not working. I did a traceroute and the trace points to boru.x10hosting.com correctly.
http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=trace&host=gauthamponnu.com
So, I reckon the problem is with x10's nameservers.

What should I do ?

toyowheelin

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site loads properly here which means that you most likely need to follow the steps to clear your local DNS cache, and or clear your browser cache. See these instructions http://x10hosting.com/kb/questions.php?questionid=16

However, if these steps do not correct the problem there is a chance depending on how long it has been since you setup the domain that the dns changes have not been propagated to your dns resolving server. If this is the case time is the only cure.

Last edited:

gapotheflo

Reaction score
However, if these steps do not correct the problem there is a chance depending on how long it has been since you setup the domain that the dns changes have not been propagated to your dns resolving server. If this is the case time is the only cure.

Thanks for the reply.

I've flushed my DNS cache. It still does not work. I set up my DNS server about 30 hours ago. How long does it normally take for a change to propagate to the DNS server ?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
It usually takes up to 48 hours.

Your site is working fine on my end as well. In addition to clearing the DNS cache, you should also clear your browser cache or try another browser. Some browsers have their own DNS cache in addition to the system one.

toyowheelin

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The longest I have ever heard it taking was 48 hrs. Several sources online say it can take up to 72hrs. Keep in mind you are not waiting for the change to get to X10s dns, you are waiting for your ISPs DNS resolver to hear about the change.

gapotheflo

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.
I reckon I will have to wait out and contact my ISP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.