Do you access your webhost via mobile?

saviorfromthenorth

Reaction score
Just curious because I did try it at one point, to access a webhost folder using an app on a mobile device.

I used a putty symbian app and a iphone FTP app to access my webhost.

Jennacide

Reaction score
I do from time to time on my android using Dolphin browser and it works like a champ! The only problems I've come across using that method and browser is flash, I can't view flash apps or flash pages, but other than that, everything else works just as it should. I haven't myself bothered with an ftp client for my phone as that's just going overboard in my case. My device is the LG Optimus and I love it as devices go but it's no computer and rightly so.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've only once accessed my hosting account from a 3G connection. That was however, via a laptop tethered to a 3G radio. Otherwise, I refuse to do such thing honestly.

Jennacide

Reaction score
I've only once accessed my hosting account from a 3G connection. That was however, via a laptop tethered to a 3G radio. Otherwise, I refuse to do such thing honestly.

You... you... REFUSER! :D gah... I'm in too good of a mood today... kinda frightening really... >.>

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just curious because I did try it at one point, to access a webhost folder using an app on a mobile device.

I used a putty symbian app and a iphone FTP app to access my webhost.
Accessed X10 a few times using a Motorola Milestone XT720.
Though the mobile browser took off , it gave me an option that allowed me to access the website as such as on a PC browser
Thus no problems.
By the way it was a wireless LAN connection on our network but not 3G or 2G.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
On those rare occasions I'm away from my code pit I have made small changes to files already on a remote server via my mobile Internet connection using the phone itself (HTC wildfire) though more often use it in 'hotspot' mode to connect the laptop. Upstream speed from the mobile carriers tends to be rather bad, at least here in the UK so bulk movement of data not really practical unless you can lock onto a BT/FON wifi access point.

polo.fly77793

Reaction score
yes is nice check my webhosting from my telephone.
for times of emergency. is very comfortable.

Texas

Reaction score
I only access through my computer and not via a mobile device.

Darkmere

Reaction score
Works fine using my Android Tablet PC using FireFox with the latest Flash Updates

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have a phone, but I don't have internet access on it, and it's not free, and I don't like getting on the internet on such a tiny screen, so no

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I access my hosting account itself only in case of emergencies (which I have far too many of), but am often on the forums on my mobile :)

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
no never. my phone is only for facebook.