Does anyone know a good free website creation program

mrkgg

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows a good free website creation program.

Mrkgg:dunno:

HTML:
mrkgg.pcriot.com

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Thread Moved to Scripts & 3rd Party Apps

player6

Reaction score
I'm going to be straight with you and tell you, do not get a WYSIWYG like Dream Weaver or the like. Their realtime rendering engines are just horrible and they only render correctly for maybe one type of browser. I usually use Aptana Studio (I use eclipse for all my development needs) and it works wonders for me. It could get a bit daunting at the start but eclipse is a very solid backend and Aptana, in my oppinion, is one of the best editors out there.

For the graphics I suggest (though not free), photoshop, but when you are designing, always start with your pen and paper and then work your way up, that's about all I can say except that tables are evil ;)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Have to point out he said free; dreamweaver and photoshop aren't free :S

Unfortunately I do things the hard way - photoshop and notepad. Obviously thats one way to do it (swap in The Gimp or PBrush.exe/MSPaint for photoshop) but its definitely not the quickest.

Sohail

Reaction score
If you want to go the professional way, then you should go for Dreamweaver, this is part of Adobes (adobe.com) CS3 suite and it's worth getting and is probably one of the most important tools for professional web design these days, however you don't seem like you know a lot about web design so I would suggest you start with a simpler program, you can search for WYSIWYG editors on Google, I would suggest you start off with FrontPage then as you start to learn more advanced HTML and maybe other codes you can move on to the bigger programs like DreamWeaver.

sunils

Reaction score
If you google that you can get lot of programs. But as most of them said, it will be useful to a novice users. We can use that just for learning purpose only. For good designing and coding you need to use professional softwares like dreamweaver, photoshop.

tanay46

Reaction score
you could use online ones or just google it ull get some ... but if ur website is commerical , i suggest u go for dreamweaver or xsitepro 2 or sitebuild it(relatively cheap)

angeleyes

Reaction score
Websites are not created by programs. Rather they are created by the mind and imagination. I use HTML-Kit as a web editor. My main reason for this is that it allows me to edit pages on-line without the need for an external ftp program. Coding by hand keeps you in touch with what You are doing.