Does free package use mmsqli?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hybridte

Reaction score
I am currently developing OpenCart 1.5.1.3 and the template requires msqli.php added to access the DB. Does x10hosting free account allow msqli? I notice in the PhpAdmin for DB that it is set to use msqli.

hybridte

Reaction score
Yes that is what I meant. The test site returns mysqli error when accessing the shop or admin. As soon as I implement the template I have been asked to use I get connection issues with database.

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
As long as it doesn't say something like "call to unknown function mysqli_connect", you know mysqli is operating.

Exactly what error are you getting? While sometimes cryptic, error messages usually point to what the problem is.

Which is usually,

wrong host name
wrong user name and/or password
wrong database name
user not assigned privileges
database never created in the first place

hybridte

Reaction score
This is what I get: Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in/home/hybridte/public_html/upload/system/database/mysql.phpon line6

I then implement the changes suggested by Opencart dev and I get a message saying mysqli.php error with DB

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi hybridte,

What error message are you receiving when using the MySQLi code, exactly? MySQLi is supported on all our free hosting servers. :)

Thank you,

rbxlmadx

Reaction score
1. Make sure you are connected to the database.
2. Make sure you input everything right, I use this, and I get no errors, the reason you get that one is because you most likely typed something wrong.
3. Check to see if your script has errors: http://phpcodechecker.com/
4. Fix any errors.
5. If that doesn't work, make sure you are using the right mysql_connect, to connect to your database.

caftpx10

Reaction score
According to the error you've provided, you haven't changed it to mysqli_connect().

If you get any other errors, please post them in this thread so that it's much easier to solve it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.