Does linux can...

icywind335

Reaction score
I am sure now that they can't make the same... hahaha!

But I can say is Linux rocks... But, of course, windows rocks more!

Last edited:

steronius

Reaction score
Open office's word processor and spreadsheet are just as good as ms-office; it also reads/writes ms-office format. openoffice's export to pdf is superior.
I've had some issue with the presentation maker as it isn't as easy as office 2007 for editing imported graphs. but no biggie really.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
OpenOffice is for Windows too.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I have had Ubuntu / Linux OS on my PC for well over a year. I am very satisfied with the range and quality of software available as well as the general immunity to virus, spyware, and malware. The only thing that I have found that is slightly troublesome is that I can't stream Netflix due to some proprietary code that Microsoft does not want to let go of.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Linux is better than Windows, any day.

But yeah, use OpenOffice, it's good.

~Callum

mcnigelmcgruff

Reaction score
Depending on what version of Linux you have, you may be able to download the OpenOffice suite from the disc you installed with or from your repository manager. Most distros now have builds for OpenOffice. If you want to get used to the software first, before jumping into Linux, you may want to try it on a platform you are more comfortable with. OpenOffice is currently available for Windows and Mac as well.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Openoffice way better being more compatible with MSO than MSO actually is with previous versions of itself. Plus the fact Ooffice is around seventy english pounds cheaper than M$ Office to begin with does sway the arguement for a lot of folk.

On a more asthetic and practical level, the user interface is practically identical to M$ Office and many don't spot the difference so swapping over to Open Office is a fairly painless process. It will save documents is virtually any format including MS word and even PDF.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
OpenOffice is great. Never really have any issues with it on my older machines.

icywind335

Reaction score
But, yeah, I say that can it make a free just as SAME as, SAME as mso 2010, I said SAME as MSO 2010... Huh? There's feature they can't never make that can only be in MSO 2010. Win 7 is now invulnerable Microsoft Security Essentials. I can never be detected will any virus, even for other USB's.

Last edited: