Does my website comply with the TOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stere012332

Reaction score
I was just reading some of the TOS, and I noticed that my website may be against them. The problem is that I am not actually sure, as the staff here have reviewed it several times for misc. reasons, yet haven't said anything. My website is 8 months old, and has always had the same concept.

My website essentially gives small indie game developers a place to host their (generally small - <16MB) games, and is really only meant to be a temporary host. It gives a starting point, until they find a better solution.

Again, I am only asking if it complies, because it seems that it doesn't, but various staff members here have not said anything about it when reviewing for other concerns.

URL: http://s3studios.tk / http://s3studios.x10.mx

File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
File hosting would refer to if the files hosted is completely irrelevant to the site itself, for instance if you'd decide on storing a backup copy of documents that are in no way possible to reach through the site and has nothing to do with the sites content. And in the clause of game file hosting, a bunch of cs maps for instance that were NOT created by you would fall under that clause, especially if there's little or nothing else in the account.

It sounds by your description that the files that are present is indeed relevant to your site. Game files hosted is developed by those that put them up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.