Does the color clash?

hermitobserver

Reaction score
I just replied with a long message on another post about runescape.

Your site is ok. But I don't like the sick black. Try a battern of black and something else like dark gray.

Good Luck!

libecono

Reaction score
When displaying, the site is quite well readable on average monitors. However, you should consider providing a separate css stylesheet for printing. for that you can change the part in your header with the stylesheets as follows:
Code:
<style type="text/css" media="all">@import "../Pages/css/default.css
";</style>
<style type="text/css" media="print">@import "../Pages/css/print.css
";</style>
Without an additional stylesheet, the header graphic is quite ink-consuming and the bright colors of the text could be unreadable on paper.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
But I don't like the sick black. Try a battern of black and something else like dark gray.

I agree. Try using #1B1B1B for page background, #1E1E1E for box background and #333333 for box borders.

Also I don't like flamed header image and that "bookmark us" button (blue just doesn't match the background).

dyreplus

Reaction score
Red and green will almost always clash. Anything with the same intensity will clash. Your saving grace with your colour choices here is that you have a lot of black dividing up the colours, but since you are using bright red, green and yellow, it is painful to look at anywhere that there isn't much black in between (box edges vs. content; headers vs. text under them).

I suggest using this Color Wizard to help make a new scheme or go check out COLOURlovers for some pre-made themes.

Since the site is for RuneScape... why not make it look more related to the game?

RRJJMM

Reaction score
I like the colors. They are bold and give the site some style. Anyone with a color processing issues (ie red-green "colorblindness" or the like) might have trouble reading everything.

Cheers,

theafterthought

Reaction score
I think the colours are too primary; try using pastel colours. Black backgrounds can look really nice but often are too dominating and I think that's the case here. Also you need some padding on your divs, the text is right up close to the borders.

So, if I were you, I'd cool the colours down a bit and also simplify the scheme - at the moment you have black, yellow, green and red which is very confusing on the eye - you should be drawing attention to what the text has to say, not the text style itself! Also, if you made your text smaller you would be able to see the whole navbar as well as make everything easier on the eye. Also, you must use only text font throughout! I spotted some Algerian font in there!

Steeevoe

Reaction score
Struggling to read it! The colours contrast alot and the text is long and narrow which also doesn't help when the are what they are.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Yup, they clash. Hard on the eyes, like a slightly cheap neon painted poster in a UV lit room. Red, Yellow, green, Red, Yellow, Green ... where have i seen that colour set before?

The site may be great, but traffic lights drive people away.