Does your PC boot up slow? SOLUTION!!!

N

Nathan

Oddly enough, every version of Windows I've ran on every machine I've used always boots up at the same speed, no matter the RAM amount or processor type.

FixYourWindows.com is more or less a manage your resource site.

oab

Reaction score
moose said:
There's this one artice I saw on a issue of "Maximum PC" that told something like Make your system boot in 15 seconds. I'll find the actual thing and post it here sometime soon but the concept was, you make it so your computer doesn't read your drives at startup and all that stuff. I'll go look for it and post it.

My pc does boot in 15 seconds without any tweaks or anything.. lol (i acctaully timed it, from off to fully loaded windows with no hourglass)

my brother says bootvis is a good program to use but i havent tried it yet..
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=664

anyway basically your boot speed depends on what motherboard you have, nothing else really matters (excluding spyware and additional programs that start up when you start windows..)

and to think that i got punished for spamming........

Last edited:

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
XUnreal said:
Does your PC take long to boot up?
Solution:

1. Goto your Control Panel (If on Windows XP goto step 1a, if not skip to step 2).
1a. Click on Switch to classic mode, which is on the left sidebar
2. Now goto Power Options, then click on hibernate.
3. You will now see a tick box saying Enable Hibernation. Make sure that is ticked then goto Advanced.
4. Now click on the selection box below When I press my power button on my computer.
5. Change that to Hibernate, (Note if you do not see Hibernate, close Power options and go back on it from the control panel).
6. FINISHED!!

Now when you turn your computer off, it will say "Hibernating" and turn off.
Then when you turn your computer on, it will say "Resuming Windows...." and all the applications you had loaded will still be there.

On some computers, it will crash after a couple hibernations with out a pc restart. So, my tip is to only hibernate when you need to!

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
Hibernation isn't really turning off your computer though. Just be patient, find out what's hogging up memory or if your computer is old, upgrade or buy a new one.

moose

Reaction score
oab said:
moose said:
There's this one artice I saw on a issue of "Maximum PC" that told something like Make your system boot in 15 seconds. I'll find the actual thing and post it here sometime soon but the concept was, you make it so your computer doesn't read your drives at startup and all that stuff. I'll go look for it and post it.

My pc does boot in 15 seconds without any tweaks or anything.. lol (i acctaully timed it, from off to fully loaded windows with no hourglass)

my brother says bootvis is a good program to use but i havent tried it yet..
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=664

anyway basically your boot speed depends on what motherboard you have, nothing else really matters (excluding spyware and additional programs that start up when you start windows..)

and to think that i got punished for spamming........

Yes, bootvis is a very nice program. I use it after whenever I install a new big program or have a major defrag.. which I'm having.. (It's been defragging for over 24 hours since I'm using a program that actually defrags unlike the MS provided one) and I'll probably use bootvis since that really improves boot times. *Laughs* I remember back when my computer used to boot in around 20 secs.. I surely miss those days.

But yeah, anyways, I haven't found the magazine yet. Well actually haven't looked for it yet, but Now I'm wondering if it's legal to scan a magazine and post it to the public.. even if I give them credit. I don't know, if it is, then I'll type it in my own words.