Domain change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

$p33dy

Reaction score
Hi, I have tried to change my subdomain name in the account panel, but in cpanel it is showing up as the old one.
Please advise when the domain change will take place.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The system shows that your domain is

cyb3rbullying.x10hosting.com

but when I go to that URL, it says domain available.

I guess that was your old domain name. The system seems to have freed up the name, but did not remove it from your account or attach your new domain.

a. Did you have the new domain as an add-on or parked?
b. What was the domain you wanted it changed to?

With the answer to b), I will escalate this up and an admin should be able to fix it for you.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
It take some time. No sure how much but in apox. 1 or 2 hours. If not then post back here...

Edit:

Just a minute late

Last edited:

$p33dy

Reaction score
The system shows that your domain is

cyb3rbullying.x10hosting.com

but when I go to that URL, it says domain available.

I guess that was your old domain name. The system seems to have freed up the name, but did not remove it from your account or attach your new domain.

a. Did you have the new domain as an add-on or parked?
b. What was the domain you wanted it changed to?

With the answer to b), I will escalate this up and an admin should be able to fix it for you.

Hi, that was the new domain I have just tried, but the old one is still up (http://www.workisnotfree.x10hosting.com), would it be possible to have it as cyb3rbullying.exofire.net? This is for a school project on cyberbullying btw lol

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
As I said, the domain that the system says is attached to this Forum username shows a "Available"

You want it switched to cyb3rbullying.exofire.net

Will escalate up.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Note that changes to the dns system can take up to 48 hours to fully propagate.

However in your case it does appear as the changes didn't fully go through to the backend of the system, a manual sync turned it back to the old one. Could you please try changing again?

Note that if you have any sub domains or e-mail addresses on the domain you currently have (http://workisnotfree.x10hosting.com) you should remove them first as they will not be accessible or removable after the change has gone through.

Status
Not open for further replies.