Domain document root not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudwhe

Reaction score
I have bought a domain and create cname (cname.cloudwhen.com) and I pointed to free hosting cloudwhen.x10host.com. At first it was working fine the site is pointing from my cname.cloudwhen.com to cloudwhen.x10host.com but after a couple of minutes I open it and I receive "Domain document root not found" how to fix this?

PS. It was working when I added it first, then later on it didn't

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

You would need to add the domain as a Parked or Addon domain in cPanel. This is necessary because the server needs to know which account your domain is associated with. If the server receives a request from a domain that hasn't been associated with an account, the "Domain document root not found" message appears. :)

Thank you,

cloudwhe

Reaction score
When I try to add park domain <xxx>.cloudwhen.com I get this error "Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

Can't I do it with CNAME? Please correct me if I am wrong. From what I understand, CNAME are likely to use to serve a url on where it was pointed right? I been googling around and all I get is that "create a cname and point it to the domain you want like my.domain.com -> subdomin.seconddomain.net".

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Can't I do it with CNAME?
x10hosting has changed the requirements for free-hosting accounts - you need to set the DNS (Domain Name System) [ NS ] records to x10hosting's nameservers (ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com) for all [ addon ] or [ parked ] domains - instead of DNS [ A ] or [Cname ] record - before you can add them in cPanel.

cloudwhe

Reaction score
@bdistler thanks for this info. I was surprise at first since it was working for the first time I did add CNAME then after a couple of minutes I got that error "Domain document root not found". Anyway thanks for this info it is cleared now to me. I thought somethings off with what I am doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.