Domain does not exist, active account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac173

Reaction score
I tried to access my site a few days ago, and got this error. I have received this error on several different computers, 2 of which I cleared the history and cashe, but to no avail. It has been more than 24 hours, so the ISP should have resolved the DNS by now. This is NOT a new account or page, and I have made no changes in quite a while.

Site is dorcraft.x10hosting.com accessed with www.dorcraft.org. My subdomains receive the same error. I can access ePanel. I checked my domain account, and everything looks right there, but I am not an expert at these things.

Anyone know what is wrong?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Try:
cPanel
Advanced DNS Zone Editor
Select dorcraft.org
Use the "reset" (if you have custom entries like CNAME for mail.dorcraft.org, you will have to re-enter them after this) -- this often fixes the problem

(seems like the nameserver entries for some sub-domain/parked/add-ons have gotten corrupted for some reason)

Last edited:

mac173

Reaction score
I went to that panel in cPanel, it said it could not find the zone files. I did the reset anyway, and then the zone files showed up.

It did not change anything. I still see the Domain does not exist page, and I did clear he cashe and history and restart the browser.

Any other thoughts?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Just checked further.
That domain is not hosted here.
The nameservers are not set to ns1.x10hosting.com
The nameservers that are set do not point to a x10hosting account.

If you insist on using frame based "domain forwarding", you have to set it up properly. Your "forwarding" is set to dorcraft.x10hosting.com , which no longer exists. Your domain is currently dorcraft.x10host.com

mac173

Reaction score
Ok, I reset the forwarding and the site shows up now. My site is displaying all scrambled, but I can reload the files and it should be fine. My subdomain is not being found, so I must not have it set up properly anymore. I missed the changes made, so I will go back through the instructions to get he subdomain set properly. All the forwarding has been reset to dorcraft.x10host.com. (subdomain is boelte.dorcraft.x10host.com)

Thanks for that info, I would have never seen that.

Status
Not open for further replies.