Domain issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendoll

Reaction score
I have purchashed a domain from another party and have linked the nameservers to x10. On my x10 account i have changed my main url to be that of the purchased domain. However im still not getting any linkage. Www.stylesbychristopher.com is the purchased url. Again, i change the nameservers over to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com. The only wqy to access my site is by using the subdomain url provided when my x10 account was originally opened. Please help. Thanks.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, the nameservers i am getting are this:

Domain servers in listed order:
NS2.X10HOSTING.COM
NS1.X10HOSTING.COM

You need to set the primary nameserver to ns1.x10hosting.com and the secondary to ns2.x10hosting.com if i remember correctly. Try swapping them around as you have them back to front. :)

kendoll

Reaction score
i originally had it that way, and just swapped around to see if it would work... ill switch back, but still not sure if it will work

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It may take up to 48 hours for the change to take effect, so try changing it back and ensure you added the domain with a www. at the front of it. Then give it up to 48 hours to see if it works.

kendoll

Reaction score
well, first off you can't add www. in front of the url. in account manager. But anyway, I figured it out myself. I just logged into Cpanel and did the "add-on" the domain there and it works now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.