Domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

callum60326

Reaction score
I have set up two email accounts but when I try to send a test email to them I just receive the following message: Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

callumjackson@majesty.org.uk

Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: Domain name not found

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I just did a whois search for majesty.org.uk, and there is no record of it having been bought and registered anywhere. Where did you register this domain?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You can not register any domains there, we only offer free sub domains of the ones in the drop down menu. That is *.x10.mx, *.x10.bz, *.pcriot.com and *.elementfx.com

Any other domains need to be purchased and configured accordingly at a valid domain registrar.

Last edited:

callum60326

Reaction score
I first registered it as majesty.pcriot.com then once it was approved I changed it to majesty.org.uk which was approved again it never said I needed to pay or anything. I can send emails from the account but just not receive them. should I try and register another free domain but not change it this time?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your current domain for your main domain doesn't work. You'll need to either buy it from a domain registrar or change it to a free one.

callum60326

Reaction score
I will change it to one of the free ones then. Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

I changed it back to the free domain and the emailing works both ways now but unfortunately I still cant access my website it just says This website does not exist!
The domain you have requested is currently not in use under an x10Hosting web hosting account. If you would like this domain, you can register it now.

When it comes to free web hosting, x10Hosting is an industry leader. The features offered in our packages are unparalleled compared to our competition.

and I don't know why because I have already registered it.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Clear your browser's cache. When I visit your new main domain, I see the default index.html page that's included in all new hosting accounts. Make sure that when you upload your site that you delete or overwrite that default index.html.

callum60326

Reaction score
I would like to thank you both for your help. I have uploaded my site and it is up and running now. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.