Domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverline

Reaction score
I have bought a domain name for my site, and i asked them how i would go forwarding the site to my one on x10hosting.
They said

If you have webspace elsewhere you can use webforwarding, DNS editing or a change of nameservers to point to that, depending on how it's set up.
If the destination server were configured for silverlineye.co.uk you could just point to its IP address or the host's nameservers (you'd need to check with the host for these). The changes would be done from the "Manage DNS" or "Nameservers" pages in the "Domains" section of your Daily control panel.
Alternatively if the space was set up for a different address you could use the "web forwarding" page to point to that instead, although it would also require a slight edit of the DNS settings or cancellation of the holding page.

I still dont quite understand, what would i do to foward it.

Any help would be appreciated

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay, your registrar said the change would be done from the Manager DNS or Nameservers pages in the Domains section of your DCP. So login to your DCP and go to nameservers, and set them to:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

You will then have to wait for the DNS to update, this can take anywhere between 24-72 hours, if you need any other help let me know.

silverline

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah i managed to do it, i can see the site in internet explorer.
http://silverlineye.co.uk/
But in opera it says
If you are seeing this page instead of your website, please contact your hosting provider as there is a problem with your website.
Its probably just my computer, it angering me. But would be useful to know if it isnt just me

Chris73

Reaction score
I use firefox and can view your site. My guess is that your website does not like the Opera browser.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, i'm glad it works for you, it works for me aswell, i agree with Chris.

silverline

Reaction score
Well it works when i access it from the x10hosting in opera. Ahh well doesnt realy matter to me, thanks guys.:happysad:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No problem, Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.