Domain Redirect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedmx10h

Reaction score
I recently bought a .com domain. I was wondering what is the best option for me
to have my .tk domain being hosted on X10Hosting, to point to my .com domain? Or how to redirect my .tk website, so when people click on my .com domain, the .tk website content is shown on the .com domain?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like your website's files are at /public_html/CEDM.TK/ whereas you have your .com added as a Parked Domain, so it points to /public_html. To solve this, you could either move all your website's files up a level, or you could re-add your .com as an Addon Domain and point it to the original directory.

Something else you will need to do is update your WordPress Site URL to match your .com domain. If you go to your General Settings in WordPress, there's a textbox there you will need to update. WordPress have a full article at https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL

Thank you,

cedmx10h

Reaction score
Hey Ethan! Thanks for the help! I re-added my .com as an add on. I was wondering. Now that I've done that, can I just grab all the files from the public_html/cedm.tk folder and place them into the public_html/cedmr.com folder?
If so, I'm gathering I'll have to go to Wordpress settings and change the URL and I would be set?

Any help is great!

Last edited:

cloudwhe

Reaction score
Hi, I have this scenario that might be the same with the issue of @cedmx10h.

I have a FQDN and I change its dns settings and use Cloudflare DNS. I have cheap VPS and pointing my subdomain using A record is easy and its working well.

I register a domain here on x10hosting, subdomain to be exact cloudwhen.x10host.com . I want to create a about.cloudwhen.com subdomain and this domain should shows what is my cloudwhen.x10host.com content.

How to achieve this? I tried few tweaks yesterday and it work but after a few hours I got message saying 'Domain document root not found'. I don't know what happen I tried doing those again and still not working.

Summary:

- I need to show cloudwhen.x10host.com content when using about.cloudwhen.com.

How to do that? I tried using CNAME but I got that error "document root not found". I also tried creating add-on domain but I got error saying "Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server......"

Status
Not open for further replies.