Domain registar requers webserver adress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theproper

Reaction score
So i purchased a domain name at my local domain registar and they said that they need a web server adress so they can setup my domain name to point to my website.
I asked if they need primary or secondary dns servers they said no, they only want the 'web server adress'. I searched help and it says nothing about any webservers?

Help

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com. Ping them if you need IP (Ping is blocked in my school so I can't check)

theproper

Reaction score
You mean the term webserver refers to the ip of a dns server ?
They asked for 'webserver' so shoud i give them the ip of the primary dns or the secondary dns?

dragonpool

Reaction score
if they want the address to get to your site try giving your site address. if they don't want the name address then ping your website. this will get you to the main directory of your site. if you have a subdirectory where your site is located you will have to tag that on the end of your new address.

aka
ex. a.x10hosting.net(or whatever address you chose) gets you to root

a.x10hosting.net/sitedirectory (again whatever you chose)gets you to your site(if your site is not root.)

if the format address is not acceptible do a ping on your address
and give the numeric address(afaik a numeric address will not get you to a subdirectory, only root)

Last edited:

theproper

Reaction score
lol i dont know what u mean by that 'all ok' but i posted this problem and its absolutely not ok so far.. I mean i still have no idea what to do, maybe i should use my current domain name ip?

Status
Not open for further replies.