Don't understand suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo342

Reaction score
I don't understand how my account could have been suspended due to inactivity. I was on it yesterday, and they day before even. I've even uploaded a couple of files to it.

I guess its cool that for this I could have it automatically unsuspended, but still..:eek4:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Signing into Account Panel and/or cPanel do not count.
Only signing into the Forum (and staying ~5mins for the system to notice you, or just post in one of the Forum Games games ) counts.

juzme09

Reaction score
I too don't quite understand about the "logging-in-to-forum-n-post-some-random-****-to-free-yourself-from-getting-suspension-thing" :rolleyes:

wouldn't it be more logical if our account is suspended if we did not log in to our account panel (did not maintain our website) for a certain period?

but forums...? o_O?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I too don't quite understand about the "logging-in-to-forum-n-post-some-random-****-to-free-yourself-from-getting-suspension-thing" :rolleyes:

wouldn't it be more logical if our account is suspended if we did not log in to our account panel (did not maintain our website) for a certain period?

but forums...? o_O?

By not logging into the forums, you run the extremely likely risk of missing key news/announcements and server alerts, such as the one for Unsupported Language being changed to no longer allow automatic translations like google translate, -and- it being moved to Zero Tolerance suspensions.

That's why you need to log into the forums.

adohall

Reaction score
Yes. I share your point of view. It's a pity that file uploads don't count as activity. That should suffice and shouldn't be difficult to implement.

nickaang

Reaction score
What is da best way to remain unsuspend widout posting in forum?
(i thnk many other member will lyk 2 know it!)

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
What is da best way to remain unsuspend widout posting in forum?
(i thnk many other member will lyk 2 know it!)

Forum posting is not compulsory. Just you need to login to forums atleast every 31 days. wait for 5 to 10 min so that the system recognizes our activity.

OR

Buy inactivity timer ;)

minhmeo.info

Reaction score
Forum posting is not compulsory. Just you need to login to forums atleast every 31 days. wait for 5 to 10 min so that the system recognizes our activity.

OR

Buy inactivity timer ;)

That's right! You have great free hosting (better than lots of paid hosting i know ), logging forum do NOT taking long time of you.

Logging here, making friends, learing tutorials,...

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
adohall said:
That should suffice and shouldn't be difficult to implement.
It would be easy to implement, however, the staff has their reasons for not doing so.

Pure speculation here, and I do not speak as a staff member or someone affiliated with them, but the reason for this appears to come down to revenue: logging into the forum causes ad impressions for the ads placed on the forum, which makes money for x10. The ads in cPanel do obviously make money too, but not as much as the forum ones do: if a cPanel login was the requirement, the user would log in and log out again; with the forum, there's a chance that the user might see something interesting and go look at it too, resulting in more ad impressions.

(Watch as this post now gets deleted for having unearthed x10's crazy money-making schemes :p But seriously, what's with everyone complaining about it? They're offering an awesome service for free; they've got to have some way of at least breaking even.)

--- Mr. DOS

joejv4

Reaction score
AMEN Mr. DOS!!!!

Really, x10 provides an excellent service to us for FREE! I' one cheap son of a gun, and free is the right price for me. If I have to stop in to this forum once a month to keep my site up and running for free... I'm here!

forum participation isn't mandatory, but if you browse around a bit, you just might find some conversations that spark your interest, and then the login requirement becomes something enjoyable - and your site never gets suspended. A great deal if you ask me.

tfteam

Reaction score
you just might find some conversations that spark your interest
Up until now this is what I'm waiting to happen to me. No such luck yet but I'm still waiting for that topic that'll make me more active in the forums.

:BTW:

if (5 mins of log in time on forums == maintained quality and free service + unsuspended)
{
printf("It's a great deal. No complaints here.");
}

:biggrin:

joejv4

Reaction score
Actually, if all you do is log in once a week and say "Welcome" to someone in the new members introductions section, you should never have any problems.

btfog

Reaction score
Listen... if you want to do it easily set X10 to ur homepage and use remember me...

lachytv

Reaction score
Yeah, the limit used to be 2weeks and I was never suspended even then.

it is now 31days so all is sweet, x10 is a very good host for free, The only reason I left my old account along time ago was because of continuously getting suspended for using to may resources in the server my good old forum was getting to many VIEWS omg.

That required paid hosting from X10 and later VPS from Hostgator, but back on topic I came back to X10 because when I was here they had a wonderful free service now its even better then before(stability). I am happy to log in to the forums every now and again to see what is happening.

Also With the C panel logins I hardly ever login there and if I do its often just to see how much bandwidth I have used as I manage my website though the word press Admin panel and haven't had to upload a file in quite some time.

bdolabpur

Reaction score
I don't understand how my account could have been suspended due to inactivity. I was on it yesterday, and they day before even. I've even uploaded a couple of files to it.

I guess its cool that for this I could have it automatically unsuspended, but still..:eek4:

Its a great place to host my free site. I really like that.... Thanks.....

Ankur Dasgupta
Bolpur, Birbhum, W.B., India.

Last edited:

adohall

Reaction score
Yes. I agree. It's a great service which I really appreciate.

AMEN Mr. DOS!!!!

Really, x10 provides an excellent service to us for FREE! I' one cheap son of a gun, and free is the right price for me. If I have to stop in to this forum once a month to keep my site up and running for free... I'm here!

forum participation isn't mandatory, but if you browse around a bit, you just might find some conversations that spark your interest, and then the login requirement becomes something enjoyable - and your site never gets suspended. A great deal if you ask me.

amachron

Reaction score
I always thought cpanel counted too... no worries. now that I know, it's definitely worth the time to drop into the forums and look around a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.