Doomsday Preppers

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Is this a purely North American thing or are others around the world getting ready for one of the many variations on the Apocalypse (flu pandemic, economic collapse, solar storms, asteroid strikes, the return of the nephilim, magnetic pole reversal, crustal shifting, alien invasion etc ) that are all allegedly due in the next few months.

Are you investing in canned food & shotguns or know somebody who is?

Should us non-prepared be worried?

Tell us what you think.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure some natural disasters are incoming. No matter how prepared you are something will go wrong. I think that we all should go about our daily lives and not get sucked into all this doomsday hoopla. I think setting up a earthquake emergency kit would be better. some bottled water.

I would be more afraid of the president of the US announcing Martial Law. :frown: Don't worry though there are people out there who will protect our freedoms. I think that's another subject though...

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure some natural disasters are incoming.

That's known as the Paradox of the Unexpected Event, (Something is going to happen, but you have no idea when and you do not know what it will be ) that's perfectly normal human paranoia. All of us would of experienced it countless times in the course of our lives, that first day at school, driving on an unfamiliar road, confronting a stranger etc.. It's a survival trait hardwired into most humans raising levels of awareness in order to gather information for that split second decision to flee or fight in the face of danger.

Preppers by contrast have already made that choice in advance and will only benefit if nothing happens or their belief in a particular disaster comes true. It's also worth noting that surviving a disaster is not guaranteed by being prepared, it just improves your odds a little. It's that leap of faith, waking up one morning and thinking you need a years supply of food in the basement and an extra 1000 rounds of ammunition that I cannot quite fathom.