dotproject

Besley

Reaction score
im tyring to install a dotproject using fantastico
and everything seemed okay but when i went to the default page ie. /dotproject/

it displayed
## ## DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BY HAND! ## "About", "Active Projects", "add", "Add", "added", "Address", "Administration", "All", "All Companies", "All Day Event", "All Users", "All w/o in progress", "Anniversary", "Appointment", "April", "Archived Projects", "August", "back", "Backup", "Birthday", "Calendar", "cancel", "Change User Password", "Checkout Reason", "chgpwNoMatch"=>"The new password don\'t match", "chgpwUpdated"=>"Your password has been updated", "chgpwValidNew"=>"Please enter a valid new password with minimal length of ", "chgpwValidOld"=>"Please enter a valid old password", "chgpwWrongPW"=>"You have entered the wrong old password", "City", "clear", "Client", "Clients", "Clients & Companies", "co", "Companies", "Company", "Complete", "Completed Projects", "Confirm Password", "Consultant", "Contact", "Contacts", "Could not update user credentials", "Could not update user details", "Country", "Current Password", "Current user", "Daily Working Hours", "Date", "day", "days", "December", "delete", "deleted", "Department", "Departments", "Description", "Details", "doDelete"=>"Are you sure you want to delete this", "Done", "Dynamic Tasks", "Edit", "either", "Email", "EMail", "Empty Dates", "End Date", "Ends", "Event", "Events I Created", "Failed to create user credentials", "Failed to create user details", "Failed to get user details", "Failed to retrieve user

i try renaming some install dir/s but to no success at the moment
anyone got any expereince?
Edit:
i also tried installing the other project management app from fantastico
phpprojekt, whihc also failed with internal error

I wonder perhaps its something to do with permissions or deletion of certain includes like phpnuke?

im not very experienced in this area!

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
Installation does not work through Fantastico unfortunately. You must manually install the package.

DotProject Site: http://dotproject.net

I'm pretty sure Fantastico works, but only use Fantastico when you totally don't know how to do anything. It's like using Linux, and then installing Vista instead of Linux on your computer. It's just plain stupid unless you really don't know how to install "dotProject" like tondopie said, go download the package and read the installation files, if you really don't get it from there either ask for help or if your really desperate go use Fantastico.