Double-pointed thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omio

Reaction score
Alright, so I have two things kinda irking at me here. And yes, I know, you said in a thread that asking for unsuspensions isn't appreciated, but that's unfortunately the root of the problem, in a sense.

So, first time I found out that my account was suspended, I was able to find the IRC (and now I can't find it, which is irk #1 now). With a bit of chat, I was able to get things cleared up because I was given a reason that was more clear and precise than "administrative suspension". Now that I can't find the IRC to chat with someone whenever they have a free moment, I raised an appeal, as I was unaware of any problems. However, I've received feedback that tells me better what the problem is... ...and I can't go in to fix the problem. Nor could I reply to the appeal-thing to add on what the fix would be.

Issue is, for anyone that feels generous enough to handle this for me: Parked domain settings need to get cleared out, the .tk settings are outdated (and thus unusable, and likely to lead somewhere questionable).

I'll likely be doing some pruning anyways on top, so... ...if the parked domains don't do something, some clean-up will, and I'd like to do that clean-up.

I really want to stick with you guys, but the lack of clear "reason" at points makes it a bit difficult for me to try to pick up my own slack (especially since I'm still learning a lot yet).

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
For full disclosure, I need to explain that your suspension was two fold. First, the malware. Your site does an instant redirect to a dot.tk domain that is no longer under your control; as much as you can no longer control the content on this domain, you do have control over the redirect, which then becomes your responsibility.

More importantly however is the presence of a warez/cracked copy of Minecraft on the account. Normally the aforementioned malware redirect would not cause a permanent suspension. Warez on the other hand always will, as it should never have been uploaded in the first place. As was detailed in the dispute system, in accordance with the Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy your suspension is permanent, and access cannot be restored due to the illegal storage of warez on the account.

Omio

Reaction score
Thank you for the extra details. The feedback is helpful (and quite humbling to see a host that actually pays attention to contents).

I don't plan to get my account unsuspended - on the contrary, after two documents are fetched (if you feel generous, and the server hasn't been sweeped clean yet), I plan to close the account, and start from utterly blank/scratch. The two documents are listed below:
http://thecanadiantestbox.x10.mx/longest-post-ES.txt
http://thecanadiantestbox.x10.mx/longest-starting-post-ES.txt

If the server's already been cleaned out, then everything's on me anyways, and I can't fault you guys for anything.
Either way, lesson most certainly learned, and if I do go with you guys anytime in the future, I'll do my best to keep under 16MB storage for the whole server.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
With your account suspended permanently you have forfeited all rights to anything on your account, we will not provide any type of access. We will not extract any files/databases from a suspended account for any reason.
The issue is not the amount of data stored, it is with what you stored, in this case illegal warez.

Omio

Reaction score
Alrighty. Feel free to lock the thread, and take the contents with a grain of salt.

Suggestions for the undeniable A+ service that nobody can turn down:
1) Clarify with uncommon suspension cases (Pointing to a specific section in the ToS should suffice).
2) Promote the IRC channel a little more.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still recommend you guys. I just made a large pile of mishaps, and all I can do is just move on.
Sorry for the horrible mishaps. Hopefully, in the future, something a lot better can be achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.