Download folders broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

seravysensei13

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the link. It's an existing folder, has been working before migration. I suspect the new server needs some additional permissions set to be able to list the contents of file folders.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Directadmin by default has directory listing off, so if those folders contains the files directly and not an index page from which you link to the downloads the system will throw that error. Not listing the files is the more secure option.

You can however change that by creating, or editing if there is one, the .htaccess file in that folder. Add this line:

Options +Indexes

rebelsit

Reaction score
Directadmin by default has directory listing off, so if those folders contains the files directly and not an index page from which you link to the downloads the system will throw that error. Not listing the files is the more secure option.

You can however change that by creating, or editing if there is one, the .htaccess file in that folder. Add this line:

Options +Indexes
Could you indicate with images how make that?

softdesi

Reaction score
And how hell I add a line in direct admin?

You must create a file named .htaccess in the root of the domain (using the file manager, under domains -> <domain> -> public_html) and add the line above to it.

rebelsit

Reaction score
How I add line? I don't find anything alike
bcJgb2Z.png

softdesi

Reaction score
In that interface, click the domais folder, then your domain and create a new file there, named .htaccess. In that file, type

Options +Indexes

Status
Not open for further replies.