Dreamwaver, Flash, Fireworks, etc.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
How did all yall (Who have them) get Dreamwever, Flash, etc. Because its $900+ for Adobes CS3.

I would really like to get CS3 but at that price I never will. How did you get CS3? And how can I get it for a reasonable price?

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
You could get a student license which is cheaper. But only if you are a student.

Zdroyd

Reaction score

You think I would have done that already.

Edit: See this is what I want... but who in bloody hell would be able to aford that!

box_design_premium_cs3_grey_112x112.jpg

Creative Suite 3 Design Premium
Buy US$1,799

Edit: Or this which is cheaper... (If you can call that cheap!)

box_web_premium_cs3_grey_112x112.jpg

Creative Suite 3 Web Premium
Buy US$1,599
Creative Suite 3 Web Standard
Buy US$999

What I would also like to know is how does Adobe expect "anyone" could aford this?

Edit: Wait... Adobe does not even sell there products to individuals, you have to be a business or School. You cant just get it for yourself. Stupid Adobe.

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you wish to buy dreamweaver and adobe photoshop cs3 why don't you talk to your school, or talk to a university, i know when i was doing my Certificate 2 in IT i received a copy of Dreamweaver Academic version from the university and it was a few hundred cheaper. Try talking to schools and universities. Maybe you will be able to buy one cheaper.

kkenny

Reaction score
Here's also another hint. Don't buy programs that you doubt you won't need. Be 100% sure and say "I am going to use this." so it won't waste your money.

I also want CS3 products, and so does the rest of the world but here's my lookout on some of them if you are going to buy them.

Dreamweaver - good integrated ftp support; css support is an OK.
Flash - I suggest you learn actionscript first before purchasing.
Fireworks - this program and Illustrator are decent for ultimate customization of your images, but if you just want to make good images in general, get photoshop

Photoshop - read above.
InDesign - only if your going to print things out
Contribute - mutliple users editing a website; this is ideal, otherwise get dreamweaver instead..

Adobe has so many redundant programs.
There's my 2 cents ;d

lucybellfan

Reaction score
completely right. it's too expensive. fortunately i have it at work. why don't you use the 30-day trial?

Sohail

Reaction score
I have all these programs, to me, these are the essentials you need to become a professional web developer ;).

Now you could be a good person and buy these programs, or do it the illegal way (which i won't say).

Take which ever path you think is right xD!

Zdroyd

Reaction score
First, No I would never get a product as big as CS3 illigaly. (Mainly because I would not be able to get tech support if I needed it, or updates.)

Also I think yall misunderstud me, I am in High School, not in College (Yet). And because of economic problems I keep switching schools so I would not be able to get it from school.

And if I wait for College, well thats a three year wait... so that is not an option.

kkenny: Very good points, here are what I want CS3 for:
>Web Programming and Design.
>Graphics Design.
>Posibly Flash Game Design (I once saw a WYSIWYG editor for Flash Games, but I neglected to get its name...)

I also find that Adobe has to many programs that do the same thing...

Last edited:

pgames

Reaction score
There are a lot of free programs out there that do the same thing as the adobe products.

I suggest Inkscape, Gimp, and Scribus

There are more, but that's the only 3 I know of

Senjai

Reaction score
Here's also another hint. Don't buy programs that you doubt you won't need. Be 100% sure and say "I am going to use this." so it won't waste your money.

I also want CS3 products, and so does the rest of the world but here's my lookout on some of them if you are going to buy them.

Dreamweaver - good integrated ftp support; css support is an OK.
Flash - I suggest you learn actionscript first before purchasing.
Fireworks - this program and Illustrator are decent for ultimate customization of your images, but if you just want to make good images in general, get photoshop

Photoshop - read above.
InDesign - only if your going to print things out
Contribute - mutliple users editing a website; this is ideal, otherwise get dreamweaver instead..

Adobe has so many redundant programs.
There's my 2 cents ;d

lol keenny, that last bit about adobe, didnt you say that in irc once? xD

nbaulch

Reaction score
I managed to get Dreamweaver cs3 and fireworks from a computer swap meet for $50
Woohoo! I thought I was seeing things...

It is worth checking out garage sales, markets, swap meets and stuff like that.. you would be suprised at what you can get for less.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Well its still snowing where I am, so there wont be anything like that in while, but I will look in to it, thanks!

As for aplications that are like the Adobie products that I am looking for:

>An App like Dreamweaver that has functions like; image maps and rollover images.
>An App like Photoshop that is beter than Paint (Microsoft Paint Sucks!)
>An App like Flash that alows me to easily make gif animations and graphics.

>I am also looking for a Laptop (WinXp, 1gb RAM, 100gb Drive; or Higher) but there is no chance that I can get that for free...
Hopefuly I get money (500$) on my Birthday.

zograf

Reaction score
You are able to get the student edition of Adobe CS3 Web for about 280$ (example here) that includes:
Dreamweaver CS3
Flash CS3 Professional
Fireworks CS3
Contribute CS3
Just remember to be a student :biggrin:

Alternatives to Dreamweaver I'm able to think of is Aptana, I haven't used it myself (I'm using Dreamweaver) but it is supposed to be good, KompoZer is one too.

GIMP is a great alternative to Photoshop.

Synfig Studio is an alternative to flash (you need to have Gtkmm, Gtk+, Synfig Core and Synfig Studio to use it though, and they have to be installed in that order )

And 'bout the laptop, since I don't know were you live it is kinda hard to say were to buy one. but here in Sweden (and Europe) is Zepto the best place to buy one (at least in my opinion)