Dreamweaver vs Notepad?

haslam1

Reaction score
dream weaver is well worth it's money
but if you are thinking about notepad!!!!!!!! why not expression web
(cheaper than dream weaver but by microsoft)

turtlerage

Reaction score
I work for a government department, we use DW only for mockups, we use notepad for the live sites. Notepad certainly produces the cleaner code.

At home I use both. For my wifes business I use Dreamweaver, so I can easily make a change and she can view it as I do it. For my own site I use Komodo Edit (free editor).

Both have advantages and disadvantages, both also have a place in web design.

As far as purchasing DW, certainly, it is worth the inital outlay

uosnetwork

Reaction score
Get dreamweaver. It is way better for programming than Notepad is. Notepad, as I always say, is for Notes. Dreamweaver, is for programming :).

adaniele

Reaction score
Use dreamweaver because it is quick and it also has a code editor which is virtually an advanced version of notepad.

kyuusei

Reaction score
Using only WYSIWYG editors really create bad habits and bad code, if you rely on editing via the rendered page and using the various drop down boxes and options.

That said, I use DreamWeaver mostly in code mode, relegating the rendering part to mere QC and checking edits.

johntimmons

Reaction score
For the budget conscious, I love Frontpage. It blends the high-end stuff with the basics rather fluidly, plus, since I already paid out the wazzu for Photoshop, I'd rather just have a basic website design software that works with what I got, not what trains me to learn even more... but then again, I'm basic like that;

gcastro111

Reaction score
Dreamweaver sin duda alguna no tiene comparacion con NotePad, eso es una falta de respeto hacer esta comparación.

Saludos a Todos.

;);)

elianapinzon

Reaction score
dreamweaver !!!!definitivo, es la mejor herramienta, haces tu proyecto rápido y fácil.
un saludo a todos.